Purrfectlydivines cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

purrfectlydevine

Sous Chef
Both of these recipes come from Mre. Fields Best Ever Cookie Book

Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter, softened
3 large eggs
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 300*F. In a medium bowl combine, flour, soda, and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl blend sugars in mixer on medium speed. Add butter and mix to a paste. Add eggs, peanut butter, and vanilla and mix at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add flour and mix at low speed until just mixed. Do not overmix. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet 1 1/2" apart. With a wet fork, make a criss-cross pattern in each cookie. Bake 18-22 minutes until slightly brown around the edges. Transfer immediately to a cool flat surface with a spatula. (I let them rest on the cookie sheet 1 minute and put them on wire racks to cool.) To vary, 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips or chopped semisweet chocolate may be added. Makes 3 1/2 dozen. This is the recipe that I used the cookie scoop and got way more than they said. Those I baked about 10i minutes.

Cinnamon Sugar Butter Cookies (These are somewhat like a Snickerdoodle)

Topping
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Combine in a small bowl and set aside.

Cookies
2 1/2 cups app-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 salt
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter, softened
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Heat oven to 300*F. In a medium bowl combine, flour, soda, and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl blend sugars in mixer on medium speed. Add butter and mix to a paste. Add eggs, peanut butter, and vanilla and mix at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add flour and mix at low speed until just mixed. Do not overmix. Shape dough into 1" balls and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture. Place onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake 18-20 minutes. Transfer immediately to a cool flat surface with a spatula. (I let them rest on the cookie sheet 1 minute and put them on wire racks to cool.) Makes about 3 dozen.

Last edited:
Is it a bad thing that before I allow myself to get online and see what's new at DC I open up microsoft word and have it ready to copy recipes???

I'm gonna try out these peanut butter cookies, my wife is pregnant and has been craving anything with peanut butter (which I usually can't stand) and I enjoy a good peanut butter cookie so we both win!

marmalady said:
Nooooo - it's a good thing to have that document open!:)

Yes it is!!!

Use Notepad - less calories!!! :LOL: :ROFLMAO: (Sorry M'lady)

They look really good, C&P'd and definitely getting a try on the weekend

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom