"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cookies
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2016, 01:58 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Those look very festive, GG. I wonder how one would go with my glass of Cabernet Sauvignon...

"The only running I do anymore is running late..."~~~moi
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 03:23 AM   #12
Certified Cake Maniac

GG, those look awesome and the recipe sounds great. Too bad that I haven't been able to adapt biscotti to gluten free yet. I am still working on it though. Maybe I will try another batch before Christmas if I get the chance and I will do this recipe!

Old 12-10-2016, 09:04 AM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Those look very festive, GG. I wonder how one would go with my glass of Cabernet Sauvignon...
CG, if you are looking for an excuse to do just that, remember Italians always have a glass of wine with their Biscotti. They like to dip it in the wine. Sounds like a "go for it" idea.
Old 12-18-2016, 05:31 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I'm making ginger biscotti. The recipe calls for poppy seeds, but I'd like to use sprinkles to make them look more festive. These are the ones I have, although I'd like to use the ones on the bottom right. Will they melt while baking? Thanks.Attachment 25801
HI GG, just did my cherry winks with those same kind of sprinkles in the batter for same reason, plus I also used Christmas tree shaped ones in red/green to give even more color, no prob with them melting in the cooking baking that I see
Old 12-18-2016, 09:31 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFSElover View Post
HI GG, just did my cherry winks with those same kind of sprinkles in the batter for same reason, plus I also used Christmas tree shaped ones in red/green to give even more color, no prob with them melting in the cooking baking that I see
Thank you, LEFSE! It worked out great. I'm planning to make another batch tomorrow
Old 12-19-2016, 01:34 AM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFSElover View Post
I just read an article about "Baking for Christmas and the Holidays," and she mentioned she tested that very same problem in cakes and cookies. She stated that the tiny ones will melt, but the bigger ones on the right like in your picture, do not melt. I do have to admit that the melted tiny ones in the cake gave it a very festive look. She used them in the batter, not on top of the product. For both cookies and cakes.
Old 12-23-2016, 04:18 PM   #17
Executive Chef

The ones on the bottom right, are multicolored jimmies, the top is multicolored large sugar crystals, the bottom left are multicolored 'sprinkles' or tiny candy balls? Correct?
I have some tiny chip shaped candy coated chocolate sprinkles, these are called "Rainbow Chip Crunch" made by Wilton. Then I have some multicolored flat 'confetti' sprinkles.
Has anyone baked with the last two, say in a short bread cookie, or any type of sugar cookie?

blissful is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cook, cookie, cookies, other