REC: Cinnamon Cookies
I just made these last night and they're delicious - perfect for the holidays.
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup margarine (I used unsalted butter)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon (I used 1 tsp Penzey's Korintje and 1/2 tsp Penzey's China Cassia)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
cinnamon sugar (I mixed 1/4 cup sugar with 4 tsp Penzey's Korintje cinnamon)
1. In a mixer bowl, cream together sugar and butter.
2. Beat in egg and vanilla.
3. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
4. Add to butter mixture.
5. Blend well.
6. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or till firm enough to roll into balls.
7. Shape dough into small balls about 3/4 inch in diameter. (I did heaping teaspoons)
8. Roll in cinnamon sugar to coat.
9. Set cookies 1 inch apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. (I lined cookie sheets with parchment paper, and set cookies about 2 inches apart).
10. Bake at 350 F for 10 minutes or till the edges are lightly browned. (I baked about 15-16 minutes, using heaping teaspoon-size cookies). [note: rounded teaspoon-size cookies take about 12-13 minutes].
11. Cool slightly on pans, then remove to racks to cool completely.
posted by PetesNina - Recipezaar
Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.