Rec: Witches Hat Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piccolina

Executive Chef
I think that you could use any flat, round cookie (biscuit) for these witch hat treats. You could also use homemade icing instead of store bought. This recipe is so easy, and perfect for preparing with kids as it does not require any sharp knives or use of the oven. If your cookies aren't covered in chocolate just make a chocolate icing yourself instead. Once the icing is dry attach the Kiss hats and decorate with the orange icing. Aren't they so cute looking!

Witches Hat Cookies

2 Kisses milk chocolates, unwrapped

1 package (11 1/2 ounces) fudge-striped shortbread cookies (32)

1 tube (4.25 ounces) orange or red decorating icing
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
1.Attach 1 chocolate candy to chocolate bottom of each cookie, using decorating icing.

2. Pipe decorating icing around base of chocolate candy.

r36650fp.jpg

Last edited:
Here's another witch-hat recipe:

Mousse-filled Witch Hats

1-3/4 c. heavy whipping cream, divided
1 c. milk chocolate chips
4 squares (1 oz each) semisweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 tsp. shortening
1 package (4-3/4 oz) chocolate sugar ice cream cones
Halloween sprinkles
12 thin chocolate wafers (2-1/4" in diameter)

For mousse, in a small saucepan, bring 1/2 cup cream to a boil; remove from the heat. Stir in chocolate chips until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; cool to room temp, stirring occasionally.

In a small mixing bowl, beat the remaining cream until stiff peaks form; fold into the chocolate mixture. Cover and refrigerate.

In a microwave-safe bowl, melt semi-sweet chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip pointed tips of ice cream cones a third of the way into the melted chocolate; roll in sprinkles. Refrigerate until set. Just before serving, spoon mousse into cones. Top each with a chocolate wafer. Invert onto a serving platter.

Yield: 1 dozen hats.

Oooohhhh I just adore your recipe too Jkath! With all those witches hats we'd need some cauldrons full of punch and a black cat or two hanging around the party :mrgreen:

cat-n-pumpkins-133x99.gif

Piccolina said:
I think that you could use any flat, round cookie (biscuit) for these witch hat treats. You could also use homemade icing instead of store bought. This recipe is so easy, and perfect for preparing with kids as it does not require any sharp knives or use of the oven. If your cookies aren't covered in chocolate just make a chocolate icing yourself instead. Once the icing is dry attach the Kiss hats and decorate with the orange icing. Aren't they so cute looking!

Witches Hat Cookies

2 Kisses milk chocolates, unwrapped

1 package (11 1/2 ounces) fudge-striped shortbread cookies (32)

1 tube (4.25 ounces) orange or red decorating icing
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
1.Attach 1 chocolate candy to chocolate bottom of each cookie, using decorating icing.

2. Pipe decorating icing around base of chocolate candy.

r36650fp.jpg
These are darling..I will have to make some with Cade...He will be thrilled, this boy is one chocoholic:LOL: Thanks for giving us a fun thing to do together Piccolina..I'll show Cade this picture tomorrow..Here's a thank you and a hug from Cade {{{{hug}}}}

kadesma

kadesma said:
These are darling..I will have to make some with Cade...He will be thrilled, this boy is one chocoholic:LOL: Thanks for giving us a fun thing to do together Piccolina..I'll show Cade this picture tomorrow..Here's a thank you and a hug from Cade {{{{hug}}}}kadesma
That is sweeter than this recipe! Thank-you so much Kadesma and Cade, here is a big hug back to you both too!!! And a very....

heading-008.gif

Piccolina,

wanted to let you know, Cade and I made the cookies...He had the best time:LOL: We made bout 60 of them and he took them to an afternoon Halloween party he was invited too...He I understand was the hit of the day...The kids loved his cookies:LOL: So we say thank you again we had a wonderful time together making witches hats...
kadesma and Cade

Back
Top Bottom