Ruggele/Rugelach (with photo)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karaburun

Senior Cook
Hi,

here´s the recipe for the ruggle

Ruggele_thumb.jpg

200 g Butter
200g Creamy Cheese
300 g Flour

Make a dough from it.

At next mix:

50 g brown sugar
50 g White sugar
50 g grounded hazelnuts

Make 4 pieces from the dough. Roll each piece ond the nutsugar like a big pizza (26 cm/)

Cut it like a cake in 12 pieces. Now roll each piece from the big end to the thin end ( like a croissant)

Bake it for 12 Min. on preheat oven 175°C

greetings Tanja

mmm, it looks... ganz lecker!! I will put the recipe on "to be tried" list!! Danke Tanja!

Thank you for this recipe, karaburun.

I helped my Hungarian grandmother make these cookies when I was a child. She made them with a walnut, raisin and cinnamin filling. I've seen some with a chocolate filling as well.

The cream cheese in the dough and the hazelnuts, sound like heaven.:)

@ Licia

Thank´s for compliment....

@ Jessica

I bake them for christmas... but if you eat them out of the oven (hot) they taste the best ( with a good cup of coffee)

@mish

Yes the filling is variety... I fill them with marzipan and figs or nougat or chocolate or nuts... what ever you like.

You can also fill it with cheese... or spiced cream cheese...

greetings Tanja

(If you have mor questions, it´ll be take a little bit time, because tomorrow we fly in holiday for two weeks (turkey)

karaburun said:
@mish

Yes the filling is variety... I fill them with marzipan and figs or nougat or chocolate or nuts... what ever you like.

You can also fill it with cheese... or spiced cream cheese...

greetings Tanja

(If you have mor questions, it´ll be take a little bit time, because tomorrow we fly in holiday for two weeks (turkey)

I'm speechless. Wow. never thought about marzipan, figs or spiced cream cheese (for the dough). Thank You, thank you, Tanja! Flying to Turkey - how exciting. Take lots of pictures & share with us. Thank you again.

Last edited:
Yes the filling is variety... I fill them with marzipan and figs or nougat or chocolate or nuts... what ever you like. You can also fill it with cheese... or spiced cream cheese...

Thanks Kara, now I have another Christmas treat to make for the first time this year (I sort of pick up recipes like a snow ball through out the year).

Hi,

I´m sorry for my late answer....(I was in holiday:LOL: )

Ok. I use normally white wheatflour. I think it´s in the USA all-purpose flour, but I´m not sure..:glare: ...

TIP: You can make this cookies also for a hearty evening... Make the filling with herbs and a little bit cream Cheese. And at the top of the cookies you can put chopped Cheese ( I would take Gouda or Emmenthaler:chef: ).

Greetings from Germany
Tanja:mrgreen:

No worries Tanja, hope you enjoyed your holiday.
Thank for the info.

AP flour = All Purpose Flour
SR flour = Self Raising Flour.

BTW. I'm DownUnder. Not enough room left in the US for me. :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom