Shipping cookies to our Military

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

letscook

Head Chef
My grandson just left for the Marines Tuesday. A dream of his since he was little. But it got me thinking, I have shipped cookies to other members of the family in other branches of the Military .
I don't know if anyone else has done this, but I have found over the years that Pringle cans work the best for shipping cookies. My nephews all said they always arrived unbroken. I have been stocking up on the cans. I hate the things but have 2 other grandson and a husband that likes them.
I been getting my recipes ready. Now the hard part is waiting the 13 weeks of boot camp, till I can send him some.
So if your shipping to our service men & women try using pringle cans. They fit nicely into their back packs to .

My grandson just left for the Marines Tuesday. A dream of his since he was little. But it got me thinking, I have shipped cookies to other members of the family in other branches of the Military .
I don't know if anyone else has done this, but I have found over the years that Pringle cans work the best for shipping cookies. My nephews all said they always arrived unbroken. I have been stocking up on the cans. I hate the things but have 2 other grandson and a husband that likes them.
I been getting my recipes ready. Now the hard part is waiting the 13 weeks of boot camp, till I can send him some.
So if your shipping to our service men & women try using pringle cans. They fit nicely into their back packs to .
That's a great tip and thoughtful too!

Ditto here. I don't have anyone in the service, but that is an idea your grandson can spread around to his buddies to send back home. That way they can get their own cookies and leave his alone.

I know it is not the thing to admit it, but someone must be buying Pringles. Otherwise they wouldn't still be selling them. I for one an one of those buyers. Okay. My secret is not out. In fact I would rather have them then Lays.

Thank you to your grandson and nephews for their service, letscook! And that's a really good idea about the Pringles can for sending cookies. :)

Last edited:
Thank you to your grandson for his service, letscook! And that's a really good idea about the Pringles can for sending cookies. :)
And I can donate cans, whenever I let myself have them! I rather enjoy plain pringles!

letscook, thank you to your grandson for his service.

Any chance you would want any of us to get in on the fun of baking those cookies? Once he and his unit are settled somewhere, there might be some of us that could send cookies to those troops just because you're the granny of one of them. I'd be willing to eat Pringles as a sacrifice for the country. Heck, I'd even bake cookies, which is a very rare event in our house.

Thanks everyone and I will pass your thoughts to him. Waiting on his address - first week of boot camp done 12 more to go. Can't send goodies till after boot camp.
I will be glad to pass along the cookie sending. I know through the nephews when overseas that some of their fellow soldiers get few letters and rarely a package of goodies. Thank you for willing to treat our men & women.

letscook, thank you to your grandson for his service.

Any chance you would want any of us to get in on the fun of baking those cookies? Once he and his unit are settled somewhere, there might be some of us that could send cookies to those troops just because you're the granny of one of them. I'd be willing to eat Pringles as a sacrifice for the country. Heck, I'd even bake cookies, which is a very rare event in our house.
:ROFLMAO: and that's a great idea!

I know that the Pringles company wants to sell their product, but I wonder if the company might not be willing to donate some empty containers on behalf of our military? Seems like a great Public Relation idea to me.

I know that the Pringles company wants to sell their product, but I wonder if the company might not be willing to donate some empty containers on behalf of our military? Seems like a great Public Relation idea to me.

An excellent idea... :)

If someone from here lives near Jackson,Tn it would be easy to find out if and how they can get involved..

Ross

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom