Snickerdoodles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My mom and I used to make these cookies all the time when I was younger.. I had forgotten all about them, until I found her recipe in an old cook book.

I made them last night, and they're just as good as I remembered! I'm sure most of you have made them before, but I just felt like sharing the recipe anyways!

Snickerdoodles

1/2 cup butter (softened)
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg (beaten)
1 1/2 cups flour, sifted
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

Mix allingredients well. Drop by teaspoonful on slightly greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 min. These cookies will puff up at first then flatten out with crinkled edges.

*Mix 3 tablespoons sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle ontop of cookies after removing from oven!*

Those are my husband's favorite! We've been searching for the "perfect" snickerdoodle recipe where they are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. I'll have to try yours and see if it's better than the one we have.

That is the way we like them too. It'd been so long since i'd made them, I wasn't sure when to pull them out of the oven. My first bath I baked for almos the full 10 min. and they're mostly all crunchy. So the second batch I pulled them out at 8 min. and they were PERFECT!! Let me know how they turn out for you!

DW loves em, I have never had em so now she is begging me to go make em. I made a gentle suggestion she use her account and check out the thread, LOL.

Please please DH can't you now make them for me? They sound so good and I need a sugar something serious.

I don't even know how they are supposed to turn out or taste like! As for needing 'sugar something serious' please, this is a G rated site!! LOL.

When I make snickerdoodles, I shape the batter into balls about the size of a walnut and then roll them in the cinnamon sugar before baking. Just adds a nice little sugary boost to each bite.

I still haven't made em, so today she bought some Cherry cake mix, I think she is hinting at something, just can't figure out what?
:LOL:

Seriously, if I get ambitious maybe tonight or tomorrow night I will give em a try, just remember cookies are not my strong point. They always seem to have just a wee bit too much moisture in them than they should.

:LOL:, I am deciding now which of the following I am baking tonight:
Snickerdoodles
Cherry Chip with shredded coconut cake mix cookies
Peanut Butter Cup Brownies

What was that?? Everyone wants me to make Peanut Butter Cup Brownies? Well whom am I to disagree with my DC friends..
:innocent:

HA I made the cherry chip cake cookies with coconut and they are really good, I was thinking what would make them better is to add some almond extract, walnuts and maraschino cherry juice next time.

My other idea is to buy angel food cake mix and create a macaroon by adding coconut and almond extract.

Not saying they weren't good, and they were, but I still think the way to go is the almond extract and walnuts, pecans, or white chocolate chips.

Two things: One I said I will make her cookies when she makes me my bread!! She hasn't done that in a long long long the bread tins are getting rusty time...
And she didn't want the brownies so I let her have her way, and she did actually want to try making the cake mix cookies herself... honest...

Back
Top Bottom