Soft Raisin Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChrisF

Cook
Here is a recipie I'd like to share, they are a family favorate. And now my daughter makes them for her husband.

Soft Raisin Cookies

2 cups raisins
1 cup water
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup shortening
1 3/4 cups sugar
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon vinilla
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Directions:

Place raisins and water in saucepan; bring to a boil and boil for about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool; do not drain. Mix flour, and next 5 dry ingredients together. Cream shortening and gradually add sugar beating well after each addition. Beat in eggs. Stir in raisins with liquid and vanilla. Gradually add the flour mixture, blending throughly after each addition. Stir in nuts. Drop from tablespoons, about 2 inches apart, on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 12 to 15 minutes. Make 2 1/2 doz.

Enjoy :D

WOW!!

Well Chris,
I tried your cookies this morning and I'm HOOKED!! It's been snowing up here for...days...weeks...months? and I thought it was a perfect cookie baking day. Let me tell you...my kitchen smells like heaven. Im sitting at my computer with a cup of coffee and a (small) stack of raisin cookies...watching the snow come down. Does it get any better than this?
Thanks for sharing :!: :D

MIcook, Glad you tried the cookies. No matter what recipe I try I always go back to this one!

I know about the snow I live south of Lake Erie and we have been getting lake effect snow every day. If this was rain I'd be building an ark :LOL: :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom