"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cookies

Old 04-15-2005, 02:49 PM   #21
DC Grandma

Cool

Eric,
I'm sure no one meant any harm..we do appreciate your postings and please keep them coming.

I think the reason there wasn't any flour was because of the 9 cups of oatmeal. As far as adding other ingreadents, I guess you could.
Dove

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 02:22 AM   #22
Hospitality Queen

This recipe sounds so good!!

(PS - I've made flourless cookies - they're quite good!
and, I'm not a big fan of the raisin either)

Old 04-16-2005, 03:27 AM   #23
Cook

Is the oatmeal in this recipe the old fashion, or the quick type? I've seen flourless cake recipies, and those certainly seem good, although I've never tried making one. When I was around 9 years old, my mother made some chocolate oatmeal cookies that were outstanding. They didn't have any chocolate chips in them, and I'm not sure how they were levened. I do know that she would bake them in the oven, and they would turn out to be an almost mouse-like consistancy, yet would still be chewy. Obviously, I couldn't stop eating them! This recipe seems like it would turn out similar results. Unfortunately, my mother must have lost that recipe because she hasn't made them since.

MrCoffee
Old 04-17-2005, 03:15 AM   #24
Head Chef

I just made these cookies. They're really good! But I think I over cooked mine, I left them in for 18 minutes but mine were not as big as Erik's cookies. I'm crossing my fingers, hopefully when mine have cooled, they won't be too hard, I like chewy cookies.

I had to make some modifications, instead of chips, I used chocolate chunks (that's all I had) and I only had about 1/2 pound m&ms so figured that was enough chocolate. I also don't have an ice cream scoop, so used a 1/4 c. measuring spoon. This yielded about 36 cookies. I should have used the 1/2 cup spoon (which I did on the last batch). These by the way make a HUGE cookie.

My KA Artisan stand mixer was a little too small to mix the chocolate in. I was able to mix all the oats (regular oats), it was tight though. For the chocolate I transfered to a big metal bowl.
Old 04-17-2005, 03:10 PM   #25
Cook

Interesting, htc. Now which type of oatmeal did you use in the recipe? The old fashion, or quick cooking type?

MrCoffee
Old 04-17-2005, 09:31 PM   #26
Head Chef

I think it's the old fashioned stuff, the one that comes in a tall Quaker paper canister. I had some bulk stuff and I think it was the old fashioned kind as well. I never buy quick cooking oats unless it's the individual serving packets. Hope that helps.
Old 04-23-2005, 01:54 AM   #27
Cook

Thanks, htc. I'll have to try it when I get the time.

MrCoffee
Old 04-28-2005, 09:55 AM   #28
Cook

Edited by kitchenelf. This subject was dropped a long time ago and I will not allow it to be resurrected now. Sorry Cyn

Tags
None