Thicker Cookies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dblan9

Assistant Cook
Hello I recently baked a recipe of Mrs Fields cookies and they taste exact. My problem is they are spreading out to thin while cooking. How can I hold the thickness of the cookie so it isnt so thin when I pull them out? I am making the required golfball size mounds. Would freezing the dough first work? Thank you.

Freezing the dough might help. Try that first. Is it a method where you cream the butter and sugar first before adding the dry ingredients? You might be overworking it, making the butter too soft. So your freezing idea could work. You could try tinkering with the recipe and adding more dry ingredients, but I would do that as a last resort. Good luck, cookies are elusive creatures to get just how you like them!

It is a creaming recipe.. Thank you I will try not creaming it so much first and then try freezing. Thank you so much!!!!

Try substituting shortening for some of the butter. Shortening melts at a higher temperature than butter, and will allow the cookie to hold its shape more easily than pure butter-based one.

I think you need to up the Baking powder, or down it. Err forget, but my hunch is increase it by a 1/2 teaspoon

Back
Top Bottom