Virtual Holiday Cookie Swap!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you don't have a cone, you roll with a wooden spoon handle, at least, in this neck of the woods.

A goro iron looks like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Bethany-Housewares-13-5-quot-Goro/dp/B0064CQ8K4%3FSubscriptionId%3DAKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q%26tag%3Dduckduckgo-ffab-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB0064CQ8K4

The description is that they are a cardamon cracker. Now I really want a goro iron...can't find an electric one...my Krumkake iron is one that is used over a burner (electric or gas). My Dad's Krumkake iron is an electric one and makes 2 at a time.

Attachments

• krumkake chines fortune cookies.jpg
    krumkake chines fortune cookies.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
Now I want one of these irons too.
--

Just to throw a wrench in with the cookie dough, I see one can make Chinese fortune cookies with presumably a smaller size krumkake. Sounds much tastier.
Cool! I was wondering if I could use the krumkake iron to make the goro...I don't think I can get one delivered by Friday and I don't know if Ace has them...or, if I can get to Ace between now and Friday.

No the Krumkake iron are too flat and the biscuit doesn't come as brittle and lovely. I have tried.

Brown Sugar Shortbread - its not Christmas in my house without these.

1 lb butter
1 cup brown sugar
4 cups flour

Blend well together until pasty consistency. Spread on a cookie sheet. Bake at 325 for 15-20 minutes until just turning golden around the edges and center is starting to look dry. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, let soften and smear around as an icing.

If you want to be fancy, and you want to keep your kids occupied for a while, take a fork and (before you bake the shortbread) prick the dough so that it has domino sized tiles on it. Then take chocolate chips and use them for the dots on the dominos. Don't shove them into the dough too far. Just til they stick. This takes a long time but it looks really neat, and the kids love it. Then just bake as usual.

Just love the domino idea.

Back
Top Bottom