Weird Cookie Request by Husband

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
Last night out of nowhere husband states that he would like me to make some cookies that are like fudge with uncooked oatmeal bits in them.

Does anyone have a recipe that approximates this strange coolie or know what he is talking about?

This is the closest thing I can think of mudbug. Hope it helps some! This is where I got the recipe below. I just typed in no bake chocolat oatmeal cookies & it brought up a whole bunch.
http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1610,151191-228196,00.html

CHOCOLATE NO BAKE OATMEAL COOKIES

2 c. sugar
1 tbsp. cocoa
3 c. oats
1/4 lb. butter
1/2 c. cream
1 tsp. vanilla
Pinch of salt
1/2 c. peanut butter
Mix sugar, cocoa, milk, and butter; cook on medium heat until it comes to a boil. Remove from heat; cool 1 minute. Add vanilla, salt, peanut butter and stir until peanut butter dissolves then add oats. Drop by spoonful on wax paper or foil.

Looks good to me, crewsk. Thanks for checking this out for me. I will try them and let you know if these are what hubby was thinking of.

No problem! They get eaten while they are still warm around here, usually out of the bowl before I can get them dropped on wax paper. I hope this is what he was wanting, but if not, they are good anyway. :LOL:

I have several of that type. Here goes!

Chocolate Oat Brownies
1 c Butter
1/2 c Packed brown sugar
1 ts Vanilla extract
3 c Quick cooking oats
1 c Chocolate chips, semisweet
1/2 c Peanut butter

Grease a 9 inch square pan.
1.Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add sugar and vanilla; mix well. Stir in oats. Cook over low heat 2 to 3 minutes or until ingredients are well blended.
2.Press half of mixture into prepared pan. Use the back of a large spoon to spread evenly.
3.Melt chocolate chips in small heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring often. Stir in peanut butter until smooth. Pour chocolate mixture over oat mixture in pan; spread evenly with knife or back of spoon.
4.Crumble remaining oat mixture over chocolate layer, pressing in gently. Cover and refrigerate serveral hours or overnight. Bring to room temperature before cutting into bars.

Fudge Drops

1.Boil for 1 minute:
2 c Sugar
1/2 C Cocoa
1/2 C Evaporated milk

2.Take off heat. Then add:
7 tb Butter
1/2 C Peanut butter
1 ts Salt
1 ts Vanilla
2 1/2 c Oatmeal

3.Mix all. Drop on waxed paper. Let cool.

No Bake Oatmeal Jumbles
1/4 lb Butter
2 c Sugar
1/2 c Milk
6 tb Cocoa
pinch of salt

1.Combine the above and bring to boil for one minute then remove from heat and add:
1/2 C Peanut butter
3 C Quick oatmeal
1/2 c Coconut
1 c Walnuts, chopped

2.Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper - let cool.

Oh geez - you're too good to me. One of mine is very similar to yours, but it seems to have alot more cocoa. I don't see anything wrong with more cocoa or chocolate! :)

Well, I took a little time out and made the recipe crewsk found for me. They look and taste pretty good, albeit a little grainy for my taste. I didn't want to boil any longer though cuz it looked like Mt St Helens in my pan there!

Thanks additional ladies, for the additional ideas.

Will report back on what hubby thinks.

Hey, crewsk, HH just got home, took a look, and said, "That's them!" He thinks the ones he had before were a little fudgier, but otherwise is VERY pleased.

thanks again!

We're all happy here, except for daughter. We are making her go to the hip hop dance class she begged to join before going to the dance at school tonight. She is upstairs pouting now.

Ah, young teenagers. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em.

You might want to try one of my recipes. They have a bit more cocoa in them than the one that crewsk offer. This might provide the 'fudginess' that your hubby wants.

You guys are so great!

Back
Top Bottom