"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cookies

Old 12-11-2015, 04:31 PM   #31
Executive Chef

I need to hold off a bit on the cookie making. I eat them. I have polished off a batch of Mexican Wedding cakes already. I will make more of them and one batch of chocolate almond cookies for a holiday sing coming up. Then more after Christmas when step son and family stay here.

Old 12-11-2015, 04:40 PM   #32
Master Chef

kgirl, those are adorable gingerbread guys, and I love how you decorated them. I'm sure your guests will be so happy to receive such a nice gift!

Not sure I'm going to bake any cookies this year - I don't usually do very much baking anyway, and my daughter is the one who goes all out with the Christmas season goodies. I'll probably just grab a small plate of goodies from her.

Old 12-11-2015, 08:10 PM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

It's official. I have been asked to make sugar cookies. And they want them decorated. Colored sugar may be all they get. I have to make some green Royal icing for the cake, so I am thinking of making extra and cut out the cookies with a doughnut cuter. Decorate them as wreaths as well as the cake.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:30 PM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire

Addie, I would show up with a muffin pan full of trimmings and tell the crowd that the evening's entertainment is decorating their own cookies
Old 12-11-2015, 08:51 PM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Addie, I would show up with a muffin pan full of trimmings and tell the crowd that the evening's entertainment is decorating their own cookies
Now that sounds like a plan I could live with.
Old 12-12-2015, 03:00 AM   #36
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I just zipped a variation of this off to our daughter, who is a co-leader of a Girl Scout troop along with her best friend who actually HAS a kid in the troop! I'll let you know if she has time to use it.
Old 12-12-2015, 09:13 AM   #37
Everymom

I've not made too many types yet, but I've done a LOT of baking so far! I've done two giant batches of brown sugar shortbread and two giant batches of caramel corn. That's all gone already! I had a couple of parties to attend and had to take little gifts for people. Whew. I'll be doing another batch of the shortbread closer to the big day and I'll be making nuts and bolts as well. I'm making gingerbread cookies with the kids at work tonight, and will do a batch for home on my next set of days off. I'm trying to decide what else I want to do, and my family is oh so helpful...they want EVERYTHING!
Old 12-12-2015, 11:37 AM   #38
Chef Extraordinaire

Cookie Question

I want to make the dough today for the sugar cookies, place it in the fridge or freeze it until around the 21st before I bake them. I tire easily and doubt I can do it all in one day.

Does this sound doable?
Old 12-12-2015, 12:35 PM   #39
Chef Extraordinaire

Sure. I know someone who makes and freezes her cookie dough in September.
Old 12-12-2015, 12:47 PM   #40
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What Christmas cookies did you make this year?

One step at a time, Addie! Pillsbury makes frozen sugar cookie dough, I'm sure yours will freeze just fine.

Nice thing about freezing a roll of dough is that you can hack off a couple of cookies worth at a time instead of baking (and eating) a whole batch at once.

Tags
christmas, cook, cookie, cookies