What's this cookie called, please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waterburner

Assistant Cook
As my username implies, I'm not a skilled cook and could probably burn water. I'm looking for the name of a simple cookie that has a shortbread-like round base (about the size of a 50 cent piece), with a large dollop of chocolate icing on the top (the top of the cookie is not iced completely). I thought it was called either a Blackeyed Susan or a Chocolate Susan, but my searches on the internet have been fruitless. If anyone has a really good recipe for these or could direct me to one on the internet, I would love to get it--they're some of my husband's favorite cookies, and all I can do at this point is buy them from the store bakery at an outrageous price. Thanks so much for your help!

I recall this conversation recently on here, but no idea where that thread is now. I can only think of one cookie such as you described, which is shortbread, and then a hershey kiss placed on top to melt. Maybe others will have more ideas.

amber said:
I recall this conversation recently on here, but no idea where that thread is now. I can only think of one cookie such as you described, which is shortbread, and then a hershey kiss placed on top to melt. Maybe others will have more ideas.

This was my guess as well; We call them thumbprint cookies.

All of you have been so helpful, and so quickly! What I was describing was indeed thumbprint cookies and the picture of the peanut butter blossom is it, exactly. Thanks to all of you!

Back
Top Bottom