Whats Your Favorite Christmas Cookie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

letscook

Head Chef
That time of the year where you want to watch your weight until you see the cookie tray get passed around.

What is your favorite Christmas cookie? Please share the recipe with everyone.

My Favorite is:

Butter Nut Balls (EASY AND YUMMIE)
Cream together:
3/4 cup Butter
1/2 cup confectionary Suger
1/4 tsp Salt

Blend in until smooth:
1 3/4 cup Flour

Add:
1- 6oz pkg butterscotch Chips
1 cup chopped walnuts

Shape into 1" balls, place onto a greased cookie sheet
Bake 325 degrees for 15 min
Remove and place on a rack that is on top of a cookie sheet and pour glaze over cookie and let drip onto the sheet sheet.

Glaze:
2 cups confectionary sugar
In a 1/4 cup add 1 tsp rum extract and then the rest with water and then mix with sugar
Drizzle over cookies.

NOTE: I usually set the cookie on a fork and place it in the glaze and then place it on the rack.

Happy Holidays.

Last edited:
Wow, that is SUCH a tough question. My favorite cookie to make would be any cookie I've never made before. Favorite cookies to eat would be something like a molasses cookie, ginger cookie or snickerdoodle.:)

Both of these are my favorites :rolleyes: along with so many others. Cookies and I have a running battle. I could seriously overdo the cookie thing! In fact, I may be able to live on them. I think the cookie monster was an adaptation of me.

My favourite Christmas cookies are Kourabiedes (sugared almond cookies) and Melomakaroma (cookies dipped in honey). During this time of the year, these cookies are distributed free by most commercial establishments to their patrons. Nothing beats the homemade ones!

shortbread, my mum use to make shortbread for every celebration, christmas as well, its delish, YUMM YUMM. with chocolte sauce sprinkled on it, just a touch, not to much.

Sugar cookies and bourbon balls. The recipe that my mom uses for sugar cookies makes the most light and soft sugar cookies. Not like the bricks that are sold in some grocery stores. And who wouldn't like cookies with bourbon in them.

SierraCook said:
Sugar cookies and bourbon balls. The recipe that my mom uses for sugar cookies makes the most light and soft sugar cookies. Not like the bricks that are sold in some grocery stores. And who wouldn't like cookies with bourbon in them.

How about sharing your mum's wonderful recipe with us?

I have family in Spain and they send every year a Christmas cookies tipical from this Country.

Is named "polvoron" and is very traditional.

I love this cookies.

SierraCook, thanks a lot for the wonderful recipe. It's almost like the Greek Kourabiedes except that our cookies have chopped almonds but no milk in them and that they are dusted with icing sugar. I will definitely try your recipe this Christmas cos' I like cookies with frosting!

Hi boufa06, I was reading everyones favorite cookie recipes and saw that you mentioned Greek Kourabiedes. I was wondering if you could share that recipe with me. My husbands' mother used to make these and she has since passed. He was talking about them the other day and he nor his sister could remember a recipe. So I have been trying to locate a recipe to make to surprise him. Thank you.

Wow, this IS a toughie. It's a tie between two of my dutch grandmother's recipes. I make her sugar cookies which are the best I have ever had. Crunchy on the outside, cakey on the inside. And her chocolate drop cookies are divine. They are sort of a cross between a little chocolate cake and a brownie. I ice them with butter icing and top with chocolate sprinkles. People always want the recipes and many friends ask when I will be baking them every year.

My new favorite is persimmon cookies. Just got the recipe from my wife's grandmother. It's a spicy, fluffy cookie with chocolate chips.

Stinker said:
Hi boufa06, I was reading everyones favorite cookie recipes and saw that you mentioned Greek Kourabiedes. I was wondering if you could share that recipe with me. My husbands' mother used to make these and she has since passed. He was talking about them the other day and he nor his sister could remember a recipe. So I have been trying to locate a recipe to make to surprise him. Thank you.
Stinker, my pleasure! I served these cookies during my restaurant days and they were a real hit with the customers. So here goes:

KOURABIEDES (Greek Almond Cookies)

Ingredients:
1 kg (2.2 lb) unsalted butter
2 kg flour (approximately) - sifted
250gm sugar
300gm almonds - chopped
4 eggs
1 egg yolk
Rosewater for sprinkling
Icing sugar for dusting

Method:
Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs one by one beating well. Fold in flour, add almonds. Knead well until dough becomes soft and firm. Break dough into small pieces and shape into round, half moon, sausage or any other form. Place them evenly on a well-greased baking tray and bake in the oven at 180 degrees C/350 degrees F for about half an hour.

Once removed from the oven, transfer to a bigger tray, sprinkle with rosewater and dust them generously with icing sugar.

Good luck!

Thank you so much Boufa06. I can't wait to make these. My DH will be surprised too. Will let you know how they turn out. Thanks again. Happy Holidays!

Stinker, happy baking! I shall look forward to your feedback. BTW, do you have any Greek connection? Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom