"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cookies

Old 12-22-2012, 11:13 AM   #1
Master Chef

White Chocolate-Macadamia Nut-Mushrooms Cookies

Yep. I just can't do things like everyone else. So I took the Toll House cookie recipe to a new place. I added 4 tbs. water to the recipe, and ground candycap mushrooms, along with halved macadamia nuts, and cashews. Oh, and I used baking powder instead of baking soda.

These cookies are the bomb. The flavors combine so nicely. And again, though not cake-like in texture, they are not chewey like a Toll House cookie. Here's the recipe.

Ingredients:
2 sticks of butter, melted
2 large eggs
5 candy cap mushrooms (pulverized to powder in a blender)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cups brown sugar
1 tsp, salt
2 tsp. baking powder
2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup halved macadamia nuts
1/2 cup halved cashews

Preheat oven to 375' F.

In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted butter and egg until smooth. Whisk in the water, again until smooth. Place the white sugar and mushrooms into the blender and turn into powder sugar. Add to the mixing bowl. Add the brown sugar. Stir until smooth.

Sift the flour, salt, and baking powder into the bowl, and stir until smooth. Fold in the nuts.

Lien your cookie sheet with parchment paper. Use two spoons to drop batter onto your cookie sheet, about two tbs. per cookie. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from pan immediately and let cool. Enjoy with cold milk, or hot chocolate.

Seeeeeeya; Chief longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:59 AM   #2
Senior Cook

Sounds great, but what are candy cap mushrooms? Some kind of candy?

Old 12-22-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyCooks View Post
Sounds great, but what are candy cap mushrooms? Some kind of candy?
Candy Cap mushrooms are an actual mushroom that grows wild in Northern California. They have an amazing maple flavor, but aren't sweet. When blended with sugar, or corn syrup, they combine with the sweetness of the sweetener to make maple syrup flavor, with a hint of mushroom earthiness in the background. They're great, and can be found online.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:01 PM   #4
Senior Cook

Thanks, Chief Longwind. I have lived all my life in Northern California and have never heard of these mushrooms. I used to go mushroom hunting with my grandfather, but never collected these. Wow! You learn something new everyday!
Thanks, again, for enlightening me!
Old 12-22-2012, 06:02 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

These sound lovely, thank you

Tags
candycap mushrooms, cookie dough, cookies, recipe

White Chocolate-Macadamia Nut-Mushrooms Cookies Yep. I just can't do things like everyone else. So I took the Toll House cookie recipe to a new place. I added 4 tbs. water to the recipe, and ground candycap mushrooms, along with halved macadamia nuts, and cashews. Oh, and I used baking powder instead of baking soda. These cookies are the bomb. The flavors combine so nicely. And again, though not cake-like in texture, they are not chewey like a Toll House cookie. Here's the recipe. Ingredients: 2 sticks of butter, melted 2 large eggs 5 candy cap mushrooms (pulverized to powder in a blender) 3/4 cup sugar 3/4 cups brown sugar 1 tsp, salt 2 tsp. baking powder 2 1/2 cups flour 3/4 cup halved macadamia nuts 1/2 cup halved cashews Preheat oven to 375' F. In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted butter and egg until smooth. Whisk in the water, again until smooth. Place the white sugar and mushrooms into the blender and turn into powder sugar. Add to the mixing bowl. Add the brown sugar. Stir until smooth. Sift the flour, salt, and baking powder into the bowl, and stir until smooth. Fold in the nuts. Lien your cookie sheet with parchment paper. Use two spoons to drop batter onto your cookie sheet, about two tbs. per cookie. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from pan immediately and let cool. Enjoy with cold milk, or hot chocolate. Seeeeeeya; Chief longwind of the North 3 stars 1 reviews