Who likes Girl Scout Cookies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it's okay if you were laughing at me-I live to please!:rolleyes:
if you hadn't noticed, I have a pretty healthy sense of humor.
and I'm glad about the fact that I made you feel good. it
was mutual.
I haven't been able to make anything either-we have been
getting hammered left and right with thunderstorms and flooding
and tornado warnings and it has been so HUMID I already have
the a/c set down at 71. if I turn the oven on it will be like a
steam room in here! seriously, the humidity is at 68 percent
right now. it's nasty. and where on earth do you live that they
don't stock dark bakers chocolate? this place is 10 years behind
the times and they actually have it in the stores here!
however, it is hard to find anything else at times. I really miss
my home!! you can find ANYTHING you want in California!
ah, well...
if our swamp-like temperatures break by the weekend I will try
out those recipes, one at least, and if it goes well I will send
out the promised picture! have a great one!
i also have been told i have a quick wit which at times can be as sharp as a rapier.
it's not that they don't sell it it's just sold out. i haven't been able to find snow peas either i think thats due to a lot of asian communities around here and more people turned onto cooking asian influenced healthy foods.

yeah, maybe if I ate more Asian-inspired foods I wouldn't be trying
so hard to pack my can into a size 10...

still, I'm going to be baking those cookies. soon. my stash is depleted
and I must have chocolate!!
like THAT'S gonna help me with the backyard.

yeah, maybe if I ate more Asian-inspired foods I wouldn't be trying
so hard to pack my can into a size 10...

still, I'm going to be baking those cookies. soon. my stash is depleted
and I must have chocolate!!
like THAT'S gonna help me with the backyard.
sorry but the way you worded that gave me a nice chuckle!! i am glad i wasn't drinking anything. thank you!! ummmmmmmmmmmm which backyard? i am bracing for a chuckle.

sorry but the way you worded that gave me a nice chuckle!! i am glad i wasn't drinking anything. thank you!! ummmmmmmmmmmm which backyard? i am bracing for a chuckle.

think about it...
ever see a girl walking away shakin' it and hear some dumb guy
say, 'wish I had a swing like that in my backyard'?
basically I have been looking for metaphors for a**.
I'm gonna get into trouble, aren't I?:blush:

think about it...
ever see a girl walking away shakin' it and hear some dumb guy
say, 'wish I had a swing like that in my backyard'?
basically I have been looking for metaphors for a**.
I'm gonna get into trouble, aren't I?:blush:
thats what i thought!! LOL

i love a good metaphor! i'll think on this and get back to ya

You all must have had a good batch of cookies, because when hubby bought some, it tasted stale to me.

i haven't made any yet!! :( everytime i want to bake something conspires against me. i think i will wait awhile and try to give the side dark side the slip!! :LOL: but i WILL be making them!!

Thank you sooo much for the link(s). I am brand spankin' new here and this was exciting enough to warrant my very first post. Thin Mints and Tagalongs tie for my absolute favorite GS cookies. Although truthfully, maybe the Tagalongs lead a little bit because, even though they're not the same (so please don't scold me for saying this lol), one could satisfy their Thin Mint craving throughout the year with Keebler Grasshoppers. I can't wait to make a batch of both of these!

On a side note: Does anyone know if they still make Animal Shortbreads? They were (and hopefully still are) big squares of thin crispy shortbread that are coated with chocolate on the back.

cookies!

I haven't had girl scout cookies for so long...my favorite back then were the Thin Mints...i've got to have one of those soon,,..I also miss animal shortbread, i usually see these on Christmas.\

lin49.jpg

So the Animal Shortbreads are still around?
if they were from the girl scouts i don't remember them. the only animal crackers i remember were nabisco in the box that looked like an animal cage with the strap to carry the box with. i can still get those at gas stations, well thats where I see them when on trips and my tummy needs calming down.

Well, Mexican Mama seems to know what I'm talking about and from the sound of it, they're still out there. Here's hopin'.

They're not an "animal cracker" though. They're actually a big crispy square of shortbread, coated with chocolate on the back. They're only called animal shortbreads b/c they have animal shapes on the front of them.

I remember those animal crackers. They were right next to the little boxes of Nabisco Chocolate Snaps that I always got. Mmm Chocolate Snaps... Now there's something I really miss.

Well, Mexican Mama seems to know what I'm talking about and from the sound of it, they're still out there. Here's hopin'.

They're not an "animal cracker" though. They're actually a big crispy square of shortbread, coated with chocolate on the back. They're only called animal shortbreads b/c they have animal shapes on the front of them.

I remember those animal crackers. They were right next to the little boxes of Nabisco Chocolate Snaps that I always got. Mmm Chocolate Snaps... Now there's something I really miss.
oh yeah!! chocolate snaps and cheese tidbits!! :(

info

thanks for the information:LOL:

:ermm: i remember the shortbread GS cookies i just don't remember them having chocolate or an animal on them. now i'm gonna have this on my mind forever!! :LOL:

LOVE girl scout cookies, thin mints, samoas, and tagalongs are my favorites! And the thin mints are so good when they are frozen!

Back
Top Bottom