Wilton cookie press driving me insane!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alaskagrl

Assistant Cook
Hi, guys! I'm new and this seems like such a wonderful bunch of people. I bought a 16.00 Wilton cookie press.... I was all excited.... that is until I made the dough recipe on the back... for spritz cookies... needless to say it was waaaaaay too dry, so we added 1/4 cup extra butter to make it moist. We put it in the press and the dough wouldn't stick, so we used a frozen ungreased sheet and same thing. We've tried everything and I am really really frustrated!!! :(HELP ME!!! Thank you for all of your support and suggestions ahead of time!

I feel your pain! When I first started using a cookie press I had so much trouble.
I found that using just plain sugar cookie dough is the best way to get started. Peanut butter dough works pretty good too.
I wouldn't recommend freezing the baking sheet. Keep it dry & ungreased so the dough can stick to it.
Keep playing with it, if they don't pipe right just scoop the dough back in & try again!
You'll get the hang of it. Good luck!
ValerieS.

Well, it seems that nobody has welcomed either of you to DC!! How remiss of us! Think I missed the initial thread cos of the title but anyway, Welcome both of you to DC. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Back
Top Bottom