Your #1 favorite cookie recipe!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nestle Toll House Chocolate chip cookie recipe. It's very versatile cookie dough. You can leave out the chips and add cinnamon and dehydrated apple, you can use butterscotch or caramel chips and add pecans, you can just use the chocolate chips or use chocolate chips and add almonds or walnuts. I've even just made the cookie dough and not put any kind of chips or anything in it. It's just so good. Oh, I bet it would be good with caramel pieces and dehydrated apple mixed in. Hmmm.

Timothy, you're an evil, evil man for starting this thread. :pig:

I never make cookies anymore but your post brought back a memory pag. At Christmas time when those little plastic tubs of candied red and green cherries are available, cut some of them up (not too small) to combine with nuts with that recipe. To die for!!

Nestle Toll House Chocolate chip cookie recipe. It's very versatile cookie dough. You can leave out the chips and add cinnamon and dehydrated apple, you can use butterscotch or caramel chips and add pecans, you can just use the chocolate chips or use chocolate chips and add almonds or walnuts. I've even just made the cookie dough and not put any kind of chips or anything in it. It's just so good. Oh, I bet it would be good with caramel pieces and dehydrated apple mixed in. Hmmm.

Timothy, you're an evil, evil man for starting this thread. :pig:

Sounds delicious! Could be nice with white chocolate chips and dried goji berries, bits of honeycomb and ginger or pistachios and bits of honey nougat too !

1 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg

Mix all together and drop by spoonfuls on cool cookie sheet, bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. allow to cool, eat.

I made these last night. They are really good, though I think if I make them again, I'll cut back on the sugar. Anyways, thanks for posting this!

The molasses cookies from Cook's Illustrated. I can eat the whole abtch in one night!

Attachments

• molassas cookies - Copy.jpg
    molassas cookies - Copy.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 265
I made these last night. They are really good, though I think if I make them again, I'll cut back on the sugar. Anyways, thanks for posting this!

Last few years, I only use 3/4 cup of sugar. They are great fun for little kids to make.

I really hate to admit this (being a baker and all), but my "kids'" (our youth group) favourite of mine is my Double Chocolate Cookies. The recipe:
1 box Devil's Food or Deep Chocolate Cake mix (yes, you read that right)
2/3 cup of oil
2 eggs
1 - 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (can be one kind or mixed dark and white)

Mix first three ingredients together until smooth, fold in chips and drop rounded teaspoons on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for 8 - 10 minutes. Cookies should be very soft and moist but slightly chewy.

Yum!!!

With no added sugar, I like them already! I'll have to check out the totals on these cookies and see how many I can get away with every day....:LOL:

Thanks!
There is just the sugar that is in the cake mix. There is only one trouble - these could be called the "Lays Potato Chips" of cookies! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The molasses cookies from Cook's Illustrated. I can eat the whole abtch in one night!

Did you post the recipe for this anywhere Silversage? I'd love to have it. I haven't had molasses cookies since my grandmother passed. They were some of the chewiest cookies ever. Just to think of em' now, makes me want some really bad..lol.

My friends and I think this is the World's Best Oatmeal Cookie recipe. Try it and let me know what you think. :)

Oatmeal Cookies with Rum-soaked Raisins

This recipe comes from back in the day when panty-hose were invented because skirts got so short! It was shared by my friend, the late (sadly) Barbara Cooper, who made these cookies for all her special friends. This recipe is part of her legacy. I added the rum. The cookies stay soft because of the cooked, soaked raisins, and the raisins also stay soft.

Makes 6 - 7 dozen

• 1 cup raisins
  • 1 cup dark run
  • 3/4 cups unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks)
  • 1 1/4 cup cane sugar
  • 2 extra large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (I use Nielsen-Massey)
  • 2 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon Saigon cinnamon (I use Vann's)
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
  • 2 cups rolled oats (not the quick kind)
  • the previously prepared raisins
  • 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts (optional, but tasty)

1. Simmer raisins and rum over low heat until raisins are plump (about 20-30 minutes). Drain liquid into measuring cup. Add water (or rum) to make 1/2 cup of liquid
  2. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
  3. Cream butter and sugar. Stir in eggs and vanilla until well mixed. Stir in the raisin liquid.
  4. Mix all the dry ingredients except oats and nuts together and add to butter mixture:
  5. Stir in the oats, raisins and nuts. At this point, you can refrigerate the dough overnight, but be sure to let it warm up a bit before making the cookies.
  6. Drop rounded teaspoons of dough about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 - 10 minutes. Cool on cake racks.

Last edited by a moderator:
June, I have GOT to try this one! I have a bottle of rum (I call it my cooking rum LOL) that is used once a year for my Mom's Butter Tarts. I think I can spare some for this awesome sounding recipe!

June, I have GOT to try this one! I have a bottle of rum (I call it my cooking rum LOL) that is used once a year for my Mom's Butter Tarts. I think I can spare some for this awesome sounding recipe!

LPB

Would you share your Mom's Butter Tart recipe. I used to buy them in the 1000 Islands at a bakery in Gananoque (Sp?). I would like to be able to make them at home.

Thanks
B

Do bar cookies count? Do no bake cookies count? This is a recipe I have been making for years. In high school we would make these and take them on the bus to track meets. On the way back to our school we would have them. Still good!

Wax Cookies

Boil 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup light karo syrup.
Add 1 1/2 cups peanut butter and stir.
Stir in 3cups Kelloggs Special K and press into 8inch square pan.

Topping:
Melt 1/4 bar of paraffin wax and 6oz. chocolate chips.
Spread over cookies in pan. Cut while warm.

LPB

Would you share your Mom's Butter Tart recipe. I used to buy them in the 1000 Islands at a bakery in Gananoque (Sp?). I would like to be able to make them at home.

Thanks
B
Sure, I will PM it to you Aunt Bea - if I forget, please remind me! :)

Back
Top Bottom