Your #1 favorite cookie recipe!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Timothy

Head Chef
This is for only the one cookie you make that is better (to you), than any other cookie you make.

The best. Not "All mine are good" or "I have two favorites" or "You pick which of these 40 recipes".

Just one. The best one of all the cookie recipes you know.

A-to-Z, how do you make it?

My mouth is already watering.....:chef::LOL:

1 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg

Mix all together and drop by spoonfuls on cool cookie sheet, bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. allow to cool, eat.

Thanks Princess Fi! It just gets no easier than that! It has all four food groups in it too! :ROFLMAO:

I used to make these after baking sugar cookies all day and none were left because the locusts my siblings and Dad would have them all gone. I'd bake these up and take them to my room to snarf. :ROFLMAO:

My Favorite is my potato chip cookies.

Potato Chip cookies

I'm in the process of baking these cookies. This is my first time and I've tried one of them and it tastes just like shortbread. I creamed 1 lb. butter and 1 cup of sugar added 1 tea. vanilla and stired in 3-1/2 cups of flour Added 2 cups of crushed potato cips and 1/2 cup pecans chopped. Drop by teas on greased baking sheet fairly close together, they don't spread Baked at 350 for 15 min.

Enjoy
kades:)

I've never had cookies with potato chips in them! It sounds fantastic!

Thanks kades!

These are the ones I make most often.

[FONT=&quot]Aunt Bea’s Big Cookies[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1 cup Butter Crisco[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]½ cup Smuckers natural peanut butter[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 cup white sugar[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 cup dark brown sugar[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 large eggs[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 big teaspoon of vanilla[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 cups AP flour[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]½ t salt[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]½ t baking powder[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 t baking soda[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 cups quick oats[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 cups of stuff - nuts, raisins, dates, craisons, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, m&ms, candy bits, coconut etc. The combinations are endless.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Heat oven to 350. Cream together first 4 ingredients. Add eggs and vanilla. Sift together flour, salt baking powder and soda. Mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Then add the oats. Finally mix in the “stuff”. Use an ice cream scoop to drop on cookie sheet and flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool on racks.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I cut the sugars in half when I make these and sometimes I leave out the peanut butter. [/FONT]

It's impossible for me to pick a favorite, so here are a few of my favorites:

CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO CHEWS
***NOTE: This was originally posted with 1/4 cup flour, which is incorrect. It should be 1 1/4 cups.
A Monster of a Cookie

PH2006071301541.jpg

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - (Thomas Keller)
Food Gal » Blog Archiv » Tantalizing Preview: Ad Hoc Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe By Thomas Keller

CINNAMON COOKIES
Cinnamon Cookies Recipe - Food.com - 48241

JAM THUMBPRINTS
Jam Thumbprint Cookies Recipe : Ina Garten : Food Network

Last edited:
Ina Garten's Jam Thumbprints are great. I roll mine in pecans and at Easter time I put in some little egg candies, with frosting, instead of jam to make a birds nest kind of deal.

I haven't made cookies in well over a decade. But when I was a teenager, I loved BH&G peanut butter criss cross cookies. For one thing, the ingredients were always at hand. But also, they weren't all that sweet. So I made them often for my younger sibs when Mom wasn't well. They always turned out perfectly. A real fall back. Gee, maybe I should do it again!

Buy yourself a box of Quaker oatmeal. Inside the lid is a recipe for "Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies". Make them. They are fan-dam-tastic. I add raisins and walnuts.

Last edited:
Andy M. said:
Buy yourself a box of Quaker oatmeal. Inside the lid is a recipe for "Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies". Make them. They are fan-dam-tastic. I add raisins and walnuts.

I agree! Am no baker by any means, but these ARE fan-dam-tastic! ( thanks Andy!)

On the menu for tomorrow....with raisins.

Last edited:
Nestle Toll House Chocolate chip cookie recipe. It's very versatile cookie dough. You can leave out the chips and add cinnamon and dehydrated apple, you can use butterscotch or caramel chips and add pecans, you can just use the chocolate chips or use chocolate chips and add almonds or walnuts. I've even just made the cookie dough and not put any kind of chips or anything in it. It's just so good. Oh, I bet it would be good with caramel pieces and dehydrated apple mixed in. Hmmm.

Timothy, you're an evil, evil man for starting this thread. :pig:

This recipe was one of my favorites when I was a young'un.
My mother's Aunt Louise used to make them.
The recipe originated from a package of Nestle's chocolate chips many years ago.
I have made some changes from the original handwriiten recipe.

Aunt Louise's Congo Squares Recipe

Ingredients:

1-1/2 sticks margarine (I use butter)
1 pound brown sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon hot water (I am not sure what this does for the recipe)
2-3/4 cups all purpose flour, sifted
2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
chopped walnuts (I generally leave this out or use pecans)
large package semi sweet chocolate chips

Combine all the ingredients and bake
for 30 minutes in a 9x13 pan at
350 degrees. Yields 24 bars

My all time favorite cookie recipe comes on the back of a package of Nestles Toll House bits. Was my favorite cookie when I was 6, still is.

Mom would spend a half day making these, I would pick the cookie sheet clean while still soft and warm, and spend the rest of the day being sick.

Tim Tam's ! I know I know, you said just one but since this is a bought cookie it doesn't count lol! Bite of the ends and suck your coffee through the chocolaty center, heaven!

Back
Top Bottom