Anyone know what this candy is??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

candyaddict

Assistant Cook
HI all,,my aunt use to make some candy and all i can remember was it was very good,,lol,,anyway it was made with conf sugar,,butter and maybe sweet and cond. milk,,it was white,,had drop of chocolate on top then was toped with a pecan half i think,,can anyone help me remember this receipe,,Thanks:angel:

Darn! I was hoping i would be able to help!... I worked in a very popular candy store for about 2 1/2 years.. i am an EXPERT on candy! :-p But i don't think i've ever heard of it. Sorry..:(

From your description, you might be talking about "divinity," which is made from egg whites and, often, topped with a piece of nut.

Divinity doesn't contain condensed milk, but it is very white and fluffy.

No,,It wasnt divinity,,Just about as i explained,,she also made some xmas trees made about the same way but they were shaped like xmas trees then she would roll them in green colored cocconut and dip bottoms in chocolate!

Sounds like a buttercream..

4 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 cups evaporated milk
1/4 teaspoon salt

Combine all four ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat until it reaches 236 degrees Farenheit on a candy thermometer (soft ball stage).

Remove buttercream mixture from heat and place the bottom of the pan in a sink of cold water to cool.

Stir well until the candy firms up. Roll into balls or other shapes and place on a waxed paper covered tray and refrigerate for a couple of hours.

Melt together 2 cups of chocolate chips or pieces and 1 Tablespoon of chocolate over a double boiler stirring constantly until smooth. You could also use the microwave if you stir every 30 seconds and DO NOT OVERHEAT.

Back
Top Bottom