Best kinds of candy for shipping?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deelady

Executive Chef
Hi guys, quick question....

What homemade candies do you think would be good for shipping from Ohio to California and which should I definately avoid??

TIA!!

These are the baking ingredients I have....

corn syrup
semi-sweet baking bar
unsweetened baking bars
1 bag semi sweet chips
green glazed cherries
red glazed cherries
peanut butter super chunk
rice crispies
brown sugar
1 box powdered sugar
white sugar
cocoa powder
2 large bags whole walnuts (on sale for 2 bucks!!)
2 cans of evapoated milk
1/2 bag sweetened coconut
large marshmellows
cornstarch

That should do me right!? LOL

Wow if you are impressed with just the ingredients then you must be the EASIEST person to shop for!! :ROFLMAO:;)

No advice or suggestions anyone.......???:ermm::(

Oh I'm sorry....I guess its because I forgot to say the magic word.....PLEASE!!!!!:ROFLMAO::-p;)

Actually, if you made the candies just before shipping and sealed them securely, I don't think you should have a problem with any of the ingredients.

For the more "chancy" ingredients (obviously nothing frozen/refrigerated), you might want to use Priority Mail but I've shipped all kinds of candies/cookies all over the U.S. and Europe with no problem.

Liqueur filled chocolates. You will fast become everyone's best friend!

OH YEAH!!!! For she's a jolly good fellow, for she's a jolly good fellow, for sheeeeee's jolly good felllllllll...............

Oh... sorry, thinking about liqueur filled chocolates caused me to lose my mind!

Although it sounds awesome, unfortunately I have no liqueur and I have already reached my budget on baking groceries....
Great idea though!

Dee... you should be able to ship just about anything. I'm with Katie E on this one.

Ok thanks, I was worried because I know Cali is warmer and was wondering if I should leave out chocolate coated stuff....I'm slowly building a list of ideas and possibilities :)

Dee, anything that needs to be refrigerated should not be sent via mail. Cream can spoil and butter can go rancid. You also have to consider the climate you are mailing to--if humid, toffees, caramels, buttercrunch can become sticky--if too hot, chocolates can melt.

If you must, go to a local chocolate shop and ask them how they ship--do they use a cold pack, styrofoam and overnight?

My biggest concern usually has to do with not making people ill--so if something can spoil, I don't risk it and mail it.

Things like rum and bourbon balls mail well but often need to be redredged in sifted powdered sugar before serving, unless your friends aren't picky.

Hi-
Here are some ideas for shipping candy: peanut butter melt aways, fudge, peanut brittle, caramel corn, almond bark, and chocolate covered pretzels.
Good luck!

If you are worried about getting someone sick, just make a batch and send it my way and I will sure to let you know how it turns out!:pig:

:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom