Can I save this fudge?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cjmillerwi

Assistant Cook
Today I made 7 batches of fudge for gifts. 6 turned out perfectly, but for one batch I tried to make maple pecan with using maple syrup instead of the chocolate chips that the recipe calls for. Well, obviously (now, it's obvious!) the syrup did not give the fudge enough body, and it is just a gooey mess. So, is there any way to salvage this? If not, I'll save it for ice cream topping, but it would be nice to use it as fudge. Kind of an expensive mistake! thanks for any input.

Butter a Pyrex bowl, place the unset mix in the bottom, I cheat like mad so make up a packet Victoria sponge mix and pour on top, tightly seal the top of the Pyrex with silver foil then steam over boiling water in a pan till cooked.Tip out carefully and name your pud.;)

When it comes to stuff like this (I seldom make deserts, but often am called in to help when at a dinner party and someone's desert failed to set), I layer the failed desert with shreds of cake or crumbled cookies, ice cream, pudding or whipped cream or topping. Drizzle whatever booze is around if it is adults, top with crushed nuts. Voila! A parfait or a trifle, depending on what you do with it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom