Candy moulding help!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roarcrusade

Assistant Cook
Can the hot burning sugar liquid be poured into a candy mould that does not look like it can resist the heat?
AND
How do you make the candy harden in a mould? i've tried once but the sugar separated and the texture ruined.
i ve tried dropping them into cold water and moulding them with my hands but its too slow.
plz any pro plz help

You need to use hard candy or silicone molds for pouring sugar. If you use something non heat resistant it will melt right through.

As for your sugar not setting? Do you have a candy thermometer? You need to get the temperatures just right. Also, don't stir the sugar syrup while it is on the stove.

Hope that helps.

Tried it

I do have a candy thermometer but what stage must it be soft ball,hard ball,soft crack or had crack and what temperature must it be before pouring into mould i used a wilton candy mould and the thing became very soft and when hardened it was not possible to remove so i threw the whole thing away:(

Did you follow a recipe? Depending on what type of candy you are making, the temperature may vary.

yup i got a candy thermometer but im in singapore and there are very little shops selling silicon moulds
i got a plastic one is there another way of pouring hard candy solution in it ?
soft ball stage can make fondants
hard ball not tried
soft crack not tried
hard crack lollipops and decorations
to make a string decoration let the hard crack solution cool a bit then dip a spoon and pull it out and let it cool in the air keep swing it to lengthen

I agree with Wyogal, but will take this one step further - Do NOT use ANY mold that does not specifically say it is for molding at extreme heat. If you used a plastic mold that is made for say, chocolate, which melts at a much lower temperature, you will just go right through the mold instantly causing a mess and great danger to yourself.

I work with hot sugar a lot in my work and you have to be extremely careful with it. If you can find some molds online at the sites Wyogal mentioned, I would order them. Even though it will cost more for shipping, etc., it is worth it in the end.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom