"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Candies and Chocolates

Old 01-16-2007, 03:30 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Robert, it is so unfair of you to start this thread in the new year when I am trying to be good...............

Old 01-16-2007, 04:48 PM   #12
Senior Cook

Haha...I know what you mean...I will have to hold off the pictures I was going to put up lol...just kidding...

Robert
Chocolate Guild :: learn about chocolate, talk about chocolate

Old 01-17-2007, 02:15 AM   #13
Assistant Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to pdilippa
I like chocolate, I'm not a chocoholic though. Why is it the Easter egg chocolate taste different from the regular chocolate? Does anyone know?

Philippa
pdilippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:25 AM   #14
Assistant Cook

Hey there aguynamedrobert, I see that that you have listed your occupation as "Chocolate Connoisseur" I'm guessing that is not really what you do and if it is, what do you do??

Philippa
Old 01-17-2007, 03:19 PM   #15
Senior Cook

Well I own and operate Chocolate Guild :: learn about chocolate, talk about chocolate. That means I have to put in all the info for the site so I'm not a chocolatier and I'm not a web guy....so connoisseur fit the part...

I also do tastings and consulting work. I own Chocolatier Noel, the website is Chocolatier Noël - Gourmet Chocolate Tastings and I do tastings from that and also help chocolate businesses with chocolate knowledge on their sites...

So as you can see Connoisseur is the name that fits....I am paid to know every fine chocolate bar out there, the taste of it, the growth patterns, harvesting practices, and production knowledge of each company....

Fun job huh? lol...but yeah that is what I do...I enjoy my work but soon enough I would like to settle down with a chocolate manufacturer and do work for them....having your own business in this industry is stressful sometimes...

Have a good one,
Robert
Chocolate Guild :: learn about chocolate, talk about chocolate
Old 01-21-2007, 11:16 PM   #16
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguynamedrobert
So as you can see Connoisseur is the name that fits....I am paid to know every fine chocolate bar out there, the taste of it, the growth patterns, harvesting practices, and production knowledge of each company....
Does that mean you have tasted Cadbury chocolate or is it not considered "fine chocolate"??? What a cool job but it mustn't be good for the wastline. Although I suppose if you are just tasting and not gorging then that would be okay. Do you have to have good self control?? How did you get a job like this or did you kind of create the position for yourself?

Philippa
Old 01-24-2007, 12:44 AM   #17
Senior Cook

My job is to taste all the chocolate I can. Also to know everything I can about the growth, post harvest, and production procedures involved. The position is becoming more needed as chocolate is becoming more and more popular...

I'm just hear to help others along when they decide to learn about fine chocolate. That's what I do...

Have a good one,
Robert
Chocolate Guild :: The Chocolate Connoisseur's Home Base

Tags
None