Chocolate Bar or Chocolate Confection?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aguynamedrobert

Senior Cook
Well here it is...

Chocolate Bar or Chocolate confection?

I personally like a good straight chocolate bar, especially ones from Ecuador and Madagascar. But I also get huge cravings for chocolate confections/boxed chocolates as well...I just like anything chocolate but I would have to say I am a "Chocolate Bar" fan first and foremost...

What about everyone else?

Robert
Chocolate Guild :: learn about chocolate, talk about chocolate

Good chocolates, a perfect bite sized piece of perfection. I love dishes of single variety chocolates, as they are pretty and as they are single variety one doesn't need to eat them all to enjoy the flavour! We used to be members of a chocolate "tasting" club, which although a clever marketing trick, is actually a good idea because we received a selection (2 of each) and so tried things we would not have bought, and loved them. I like some bars of chocolate, but they are to conveniant and tempting for me! When I have girlfriends over for a girls only meal I usually serve a broken luxury bar with the coffee.

Buy Chocolate - Luxury Chocolate Gifts from Hotel Chocolat UK

Hotel Chocolat....it's a chain, I think it started in North London, but it is growing pretty quickly. I have been to the store in Knightsbridge, and Kensington because the chocolates make nice gifts, the only thing I don't like about them as gifts is the packaging, I know its silly but it seems a bit masculine and coporate. The tasting boxes always have a plain and milk baton to compare and then chocs from different makers. Its interesting to see chocolatiers over a period of months, to see what they always do and the trends they like.

Yikes, the link I put up looks like an advert (I thought I was linking with the web address.....) um, if admin want to change it so it just says "here" or something like that its fine by me!

I think personally great chocolate is Lindt (hope I spelled it correctly) I don't care if its a bar or a wrapped single bite its all goooood!!!! Especially 70% cocoa. I don't know if you've tried Cadbury Chocolate but I would have to say its one of the finest too and mainly comes in a bar. Anyway, just my thoughts.

I like Belgian chocolates best; the darker the better. (caramels and nuts are acceptable fillings)

I like dark chocolate pralines the best. Anything with gianduja is heaven. I'm not a fan of cheapie chocolates though, like see's. Chocolate bars are great too though. I order my pralines from Leonidas (here's a link with a couple of their popular pralines Sampling ) It's been a while since I've ordered some, maybe the time has come.

You know I enjoy how everyone is still light on the subject of chocolate here in this forum. There are getting to be snobs in the chocolate world that will just bash on you if you say you enjoy a chocolate that is not to their standards...Fine chocolate is getting bigger and bigger(almost like wine) so I hope that we can all still remember that it is just food. There are more important things...so yeah I enjoy everyones comments about what chocolates they like...Keep up the eating! haha

Have a good one everybody,
Robert

I like chocolate, I'm not a chocoholic though. Why is it the Easter egg chocolate taste different from the regular chocolate? Does anyone know?

Hey there aguynamedrobert, I see that that you have listed your occupation as "Chocolate Connoisseur" I'm guessing that is not really what you do and if it is, what do you do??

Well I own and operate Chocolate Guild :: learn about chocolate, talk about chocolate. That means I have to put in all the info for the site so I'm not a chocolatier and I'm not a web guy....so connoisseur fit the part...

I also do tastings and consulting work. I own Chocolatier Noel, the website is Chocolatier Noël - Gourmet Chocolate Tastings and I do tastings from that and also help chocolate businesses with chocolate knowledge on their sites...

So as you can see Connoisseur is the name that fits....I am paid to know every fine chocolate bar out there, the taste of it, the growth patterns, harvesting practices, and production knowledge of each company....

Fun job huh? lol...but yeah that is what I do...I enjoy my work but soon enough I would like to settle down with a chocolate manufacturer and do work for them....having your own business in this industry is stressful sometimes...

Have a good one,
Robert

aguynamedrobert said:
So as you can see Connoisseur is the name that fits....I am paid to know every fine chocolate bar out there, the taste of it, the growth patterns, harvesting practices, and production knowledge of each company....

Does that mean you have tasted Cadbury chocolate or is it not considered "fine chocolate"???:LOL: What a cool job but it mustn't be good for the wastline. Although I suppose if you are just tasting and not gorging then that would be okay. Do you have to have good self control?? How did you get a job like this or did you kind of create the position for yourself?

My job is to taste all the chocolate I can. Also to know everything I can about the growth, post harvest, and production procedures involved. The position is becoming more needed as chocolate is becoming more and more popular...

I'm just hear to help others along when they decide to learn about fine chocolate. That's what I do...

Have a good one,
Robert
Chocolate Guild :: The Chocolate Connoisseur's Home Base

Back
Top Bottom