"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Candies and Chocolates

Old 01-16-2007, 06:27 AM   #1
Senior Cook

Chocolate Bar or Chocolate Confection?

Well here it is...

Chocolate Bar or Chocolate confection?

I personally like a good straight chocolate bar, especially ones from Ecuador and Madagascar. But I also get huge cravings for chocolate confections/boxed chocolates as well...I just like anything chocolate but I would have to say I am a "Chocolate Bar" fan first and foremost...

What about everyone else?

Robert
Chocolate Guild :: learn about chocolate, talk about chocolate

Old 01-16-2007, 07:03 AM   #2
Head Chef

Good chocolates, a perfect bite sized piece of perfection. I love dishes of single variety chocolates, as they are pretty and as they are single variety one doesn't need to eat them all to enjoy the flavour! We used to be members of a chocolate "tasting" club, which although a clever marketing trick, is actually a good idea because we received a selection (2 of each) and so tried things we would not have bought, and loved them. I like some bars of chocolate, but they are to conveniant and tempting for me! When I have girlfriends over for a girls only meal I usually serve a broken luxury bar with the coffee.

Old 01-16-2007, 07:33 AM   #3
Senior Cook

Where did you do the tasting club through?

Robert
Old 01-16-2007, 08:00 AM   #4
Head Chef

Buy Chocolate - Luxury Chocolate Gifts from Hotel Chocolat UK

Hotel Chocolat....it's a chain, I think it started in North London, but it is growing pretty quickly. I have been to the store in Knightsbridge, and Kensington because the chocolates make nice gifts, the only thing I don't like about them as gifts is the packaging, I know its silly but it seems a bit masculine and coporate. The tasting boxes always have a plain and milk baton to compare and then chocs from different makers. Its interesting to see chocolatiers over a period of months, to see what they always do and the trends they like.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:02 AM   #5
Head Chef

Yikes, the link I put up looks like an advert (I thought I was linking with the web address.....) um, if admin want to change it so it just says "here" or something like that its fine by me!
Old 01-16-2007, 08:06 AM   #6
Assistant Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to pdilippa
I think personally great chocolate is Lindt (hope I spelled it correctly) I don't care if its a bar or a wrapped single bite its all goooood!!!! Especially 70% cocoa. I don't know if you've tried Cadbury Chocolate but I would have to say its one of the finest too and mainly comes in a bar. Anyway, just my thoughts.

Philippa
pdilippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 08:53 AM   #7
Executive Chef

I like Belgian chocolates best; the darker the better. (caramels and nuts are acceptable fillings)
Old 01-16-2007, 12:44 PM   #8
Executive Chef

I like dark chocolate pralines the best. Anything with gianduja is heaven. I'm not a fan of cheapie chocolates though, like see's. Chocolate bars are great too though. I order my pralines from Leonidas (here's a link with a couple of their popular pralines Sampling ) It's been a while since I've ordered some, maybe the time has come.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:57 PM   #9
Senior Cook

You know I enjoy how everyone is still light on the subject of chocolate here in this forum. There are getting to be snobs in the chocolate world that will just bash on you if you say you enjoy a chocolate that is not to their standards...Fine chocolate is getting bigger and bigger(almost like wine) so I hope that we can all still remember that it is just food. There are more important things...so yeah I enjoy everyones comments about what chocolates they like...Keep up the eating! haha

Have a good one everybody,
Robert
Old 01-16-2007, 02:59 PM   #10
Senior Cook

I personally am a fan of Guittard and El Rey chocolate bars the best but I alsoo enjoy a good boxed chocolate as well...I try not to buy a full box because they will be gone by the next day...Let's just say that in the middle of the night my will power is "Zero"...lol

Robert

Tags
None