Chocolate beans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whole milk

Senior Cook
I got my order of chocolate beans, chocolate nibs, and raw cocoa powder this morning. The beans are really nice, more like a nut really. They don't taste like chocolate but there's something familiar in the background that reminds of chocolate; my breath smells of chocolate -- really, really nice; I'll bet these would go nice in a biscotti.

The cocoa beans look like brown almonds; they crumble in the mouth like a coffee bean but without the graininess. The nibs are the similar but smoother and feel like soft butter on the pallet; as you chew, the chocolate liquor melts upon and glides across the taste buds. It's noting at all like I was expecting.

I just mixed 200 grams fondant with 20 grams cocoa; 200 grams fondant with 30 grams cocoa and 20 grams powdered skim milk and cinnamon; I mixed 200 grams milk fondant (vanilla) with 200 grams cocoa and wrapped them in the whole cocoa beans (pictured). The first two I need to dip and chocolate and I won't do that till the weekend but the taste is rich and chocolatey and the sweetness is tempered.

Covering the beans in the fondant pulls out the flavor in the bean. It's really nice. I urge you to try some, if you can.

Attachments

• P1071372.JPG.jpg
    P1071372.JPG.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 193
  • P1071370.JPG.jpg
    P1071370.JPG.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 170
Back
Top Bottom