Chocolate Bunnies.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
These little bunnies take about 2 hours to make, between tempering, coloring, filling, and cooling. And then there are the 3- chocolate bunnies. They take the same time. I made 7 adult 3-D filled bunnies, and one white-chocolate bunny for the adults. I made 4 filled 3-D bunnies, one for each grandchild as well. Now I'm making the bunnies on the stand for an Easter display at a local restaurant.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Here's Pictures:

Attachments

• DSCF0028.jpg
    DSCF0028.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 374
  • DSCF0065.jpg
    DSCF0065.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 347
I love them, Chief.

Can I ask you, do you temper by hand or do you have a tempering pot?

I have been doing it by hand but it doesn't always work out great. There is a company in Canada that has two models, a manual for $400 and an auto/manual for $800 and they only do 1.5 pounds of chocolate at a time. You can do up to 2 pounds if you buy and extra attachment.

I have to do peppermint patties and strawberries for a wedding next month and would really like get it right, but don't want to spend the money if it isn't worth it. I would use it a lot I am sure, but if you have any tricks up your sleeve I would be happy to hear them.

And if you don't want this thread hijacked, I will be happy to make a tempering thread.!

Are they the Sproutlets? They are getting big!!!

Nice chocolate bunnies, too!

The girl is a Sproutlet. The boy is a random child who was also at the pumpkin patch. The picture is about two years old, and so she's gotten both older, and cuter since then. Her features changed considerably. You absolutley know that she has her Grandpa wrapped completely around her fingers. And her little sister, a completely different child than her older sibling, but equally adorable. And yeh, she too pulls on my heartstrings.

Are they worth the time it took to make the bunnies; you betcha:mrgreen:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Those are awesome Chief!

We used to make chocolates with molds for just about every holiday. I remember when my mom got the molds for hollow bunnies, I thought that it was the coolest thing!

Back
Top Bottom