Chocolate covered strawberries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
as per internet, (google.com) articles suggest that irradiation is the process to get rid of harmful bacteria and prolong shelf life:ermm:

sure, referring to certified organic food.

why do i object to organic food? i simply don't find it necessary especially it going through any amount of radiation process, but it's simply my choice , i know people buy organic food:mrgreen:

Don't you believe the EPA article that says, "Irradiated food does not meet the definition of organic."?

i still didn't get it , on how to do the white chocolate stripes across?

If you make the cones like the others were talking about, cut the tip off (not TOO much) so it makes a little opening and (over the trash can or sink) gently squeeze until the chocolate starts coming out without air. Then just gently and slowly squeeze it across the strawberries to make the lines or designs! Hope that was helpful! :D

Don't you believe the EPA article that says, "Irradiated food does not meet the definition of organic."?

there are articles on the internet and not one but many that do talk about organic food being irradiated.....:wacko:

If you make the cones like the others were talking about, cut the tip off (not TOO much) so it makes a little opening and (over the trash can or sink) gently squeeze until the chocolate starts coming out without air. Then just gently and slowly squeeze it across the strawberries to make the lines or designs! Hope that was helpful! :D
thanks! how to make such cone?
i don't want to use plastic bags

there are articles on the internet and not one but many that do talk about organic food being irradiated.....:wacko:

There is a lot of nonsense on the internet. That was why I found you a link to a reliable, government source. I may not trust all of the conclusions of the Environmental Protection Agency, but when they claim that irradiated food cannot be described as organic, I believe them.

thanks! what do i put wax paper into?

Tear off a piece of waxed paper.
Fold one corner in, without creasing the paper.
Fold the other corner over without creasing the paper.
Wrap the corner around the back.
You now have a cone.
You might want to tape the last corner in place.
Fill the cone with the white chocolate.
Snip off a bit of the pointy end of the cone if necessary.

Follow georgia_girl87's instructions in a previous post.

Attachments

• IMG_2833.jpg
    IMG_2833.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_2834.jpg
    IMG_2834.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_2835.jpg
    IMG_2835.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_2836.jpg
    IMG_2836.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_2837.jpg
    IMG_2837.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 202
Great illustration TL! (your poor finger). You can also use food grade parchment paper as well. Making the cone small and putting only a small amount of melted chocolate in it gives a little more control when decorating with it.

thanks, although i am not getting it how to fold it and my concern is potential burn with hot melted chocolate.

Your chocolate shouldn't be that hot! It should only be melted warm, and able to be touched with bare fingers without any discomfort. A double boiler uses only low temperature steam to heat the pot with the chocolate to the point of melting it, which is only slightly more than body temperature (somewhere between 100-110 degrees.)

I totally agree with Selkie. If your chocolate burns YOU than it too will be "burnt" (too much heat ruins chocolate) and unusable. As for folding, turn a 6 inch or smaller square of waxed or parchment paper so it looks like a diamond. Roll (don't fold) the side corners around each other to make an open cone. spoon in the WARM melted chocolate, fold the top corner over, flatten cone, cut the tiniest tip off the bottom (sometimes you don't even have to) and decorate.

thanks everyone!
i agree to melt the chocolate and not burn it agree 100%.

Great video Dave - and you actually proved the Cake Maniac wrong! Of course it is a triangle and not a square.....been too long since I did strawberries or plates I guess! :ohmy::LOL:

Hope it works out for you Mommy2NY.

Sorry. :( I thought it was a good example and it showed piping chocolate too. :)

Back
Top Bottom