Chocolate Truffles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bob

Chef Extraordinaire
Chocolate Truffles

(Twuffles)

Recipe courtesy of LPBeier….

Thanks Miss Laurie!!!!!

Basic Chocolate Truffles

Ganache
1 pound good dark chocolate, chopped
1 cup heavy (whipping) cream

Put chocolate in a heat proof bowl. Heat cream just to scalding and pour over chocolate. Leave for 5 minutes and then gently stir until chocolate is completely emulsified into cream and is smooth and shiny. Allow to cool at room temperature and then refrigerate for one hour. When ganache is solid, scoop out small balls with a melon baller or #70 ice cream scoop. If you have neither of these you can use a measuring spoon but the trick is to not work the ganache too much in your hands to shape. Keep dipping your shaping tool in ice water (and dry it) so ganache will not stick. If it becomes too soft rechill before continuing. (I have very warm hands and usually wear gloves while doing this to keep my body heat out of the equation)

Place truffles on a parchment lined cookie sheet and chill for 15 minutes when all are done.

Sift cocoa and place in a small deep dish (ramekin). Dip and roll truffles in cocoa and store for up to one week in refrigerator.

Uncle Bob sprinkled with powdered sugar!!!

Last edited:
I put the following in my truffles.

Chocolate. White, dark or milk.
Cream
Butter
Alcohol. Rum or brand or whiskey
I coat them with one of the following. Ground nuts, dried coconut, cocao powder.

I love truffles. I generally make them at Christmas because I can roll them into balls and coat them in the garden when the weather is cold enough to make it easy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom