Chocolate Truffles - Need recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattchewone

Assistant Cook
I'd like to make some lovely chocolate truffles at the weekend, but the last time I made them they were very soft which made them very difficult to roll in things and had to be kept in the fridge as fear of just melting.

What is the basic mix 50/50 chocolate and cream? If so is it 100g to every 100ml of cream? Also what's the mix for white chocolate truffles? As I've heard it's different to milk chocolate.

Thanks

I can't help you, I cheat and use Eagle Brand condensed milk for mine. Its the easiest truffle recipe around. I can post that one if you like?

Condensed milk truffles? Go ahead post away.

I'd like to see all recipes but would really like to know and try the traditional way.

Ingredients
3 pkgs (175 g each) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 can (300 mL) sweetened condensed milk
1 tbsp (15 mL) flavoring (vanilla, orange, maple, mint, rum)

Optional Coatings
finely chopped nuts, flaked coconut, chocolate sprinkles, coloured sprinkles, unsweetened cocoa powder, icing sugar
Preparation:

Chop chocolate into chunks, pour condensed milk over top and melt in microwave for about 1-2 minutes. If you are doing different flavors, separate at this point and let cool a bit before adding flavors. (I make 3 batches and add 1 tsp flavoring to each batch) After adding the extracts, chill in fridge for a few hours. Get out your melon baller and scoop away! Roll in whatever coating you like and place in those cute little truffle cups. TA DA!

These are very adult truffles.
5oz of the best dark choc you can afford.
5 fl oz of heavy cream
1oz unsalted butter
2 tbls brandy or rum
3 tsp greek yogurt.
Put the choc in a processor and pulse till it look like sugar, heat everything apart from the yog to a simmer.Set the processor of and pour in the hot cream, blend till smooth drop in the you and give another pulse. Pour into bowl cling film and put in the fridge for 24 hrs.
Nb it will look very liquid but it will set up.:)

I think I made a mess up. Does it matter if I use milk or plain chocolate?

I used the truffle recipe from uncle bob, but I dont think I left it long enough, after about an hour and a half It was still quite soft. So I stupidly decided to whisk it and now I have frosting lol.

I'll try again today just need some more chocolate.

These are fantastic - I've made them many times:
GHIRARDELLI SINFUL CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES
Ghirardelli Sinful Chocolate Truffles Recipe : : Food Network

I made this recipe last year and it was fantastic, they set up quite well. As you can see I didn't use the cocoa to roll them, I used nuts and chocolate sprinkles.
truffles.jpg

Last edited:
I think I made a mess up. Does it matter if I use milk or plain chocolate?

I used the truffle recipe from uncle bob, but I dont think I left it long enough, after about an hour and a half It was still quite soft. So I stupidly decided to whisk it and now I have frosting lol.

I'll try again today just need some more chocolate.

Mattche dark choc with high coco fat content will set better.
Bolas is correct. For this recipe (the one I call Twuffles for Uncle Bob), I only use high quality dark chocolate and heavy (whipping) cream. If your chocolate is less than 70%, add less cream. It should be set in a couple of hours.

Darling does anyone use dark choco with less than 70% ;)
Thanks, Bolas, I was up half the night with a sick dog - she's fine, I'm exhausted! :wacko:

What I meant was, that any chocolate that is less than 70%, meaning NOT dark, you would need to use less cream, but it still may not set up correctly.

Whew! Good to know LP. I just pulled out a block of Callebaut chocolate and was about to start! Its milk chocolate though so perhaps I'll wait and use the other stuff for your twuffles.

Here is a good example of a Milk Chocolate Truffle. It has cranberries in it, but you could just as easily leave them out. The cream is cut way back and they use butter which helps with the richness. I haven't tried it myself, but the recipe makes total sense to me!

Tried it yesterday with dark chocolate and it set a lot better. Very nice very rich. Might try the milk chocolate one

Back
Top Bottom