Chocolate Turtles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joshatdot

Senior Cook
I want to try my hand in cooking/baking/creating some candy .. and I LOVE Chocolate Turtles. AFAIK there is only 3 ingredients: Pecans, Milk Chocolate & Caramel.

Have any of you made them? or have any recipes and FAQs for candy newbies?

I want to try my hand in cooking/baking/creating some candy .. and I LOVE Chocolate Turtles. AFAIK there is only 3 ingredients: Pecans, Milk Chocolate & Caramel.

Have any of you made them? or have any recipes and FAQs for candy newbies?

I really like those too. Except with dark chocolate.

Easy: Hershey's Milk chocolate bars, Kraft caramels and Chopped pecans... put 2 tsp of chopped pecans every three inches on a cookie sheet, place a caramel on each. place in 275 degree oven, watch closely while caramel melts, when melted and mounded, remove from oven and place a chunk of chocolate bar on top, it will melt around. Allow to cool and enjoy.

For actually making caramel, I'm not very good at it and I'll defer to someone else.

I've made a sort of turtle. One Rollo candy on a waffle pretzel with a toasted pecan on top. Pop in the oven for a couple minute. Remove, gently press the pecan into the melted Rollo until it spreads over the pretzel square. Kids like making these up to the oven stage.

The ones my grandma made are similar technique to Princess Fiona's except she used whole 4 whole pecans placed with ends together in a cross shape which she then placed the caramel on to melt in the oven. She let it cool completely then dipped them in the chocolate. They looked more like turtles with the whole pecans as the feet and the mound of caramel as the shell.

I've made a sort of turtle. One Rollo candy on a waffle pretzel with a toasted pecan on top. Pop in the oven for a couple minute. Remove, gently press the pecan into the melted Rollo until it spreads over the pretzel square. Kids like making these up to the oven stage.
That's a great and simple idea! Rolos! I am going to do this

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom