Christmas Fudge!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aguynamedrobert

Senior Cook
Well I have started my fudge for Christmas Eve...Here is the recipe along with pics...

6 oz. Glucose(corn syrup)
27 oz. Sugar
Pinch Salt
3 oz. Butter
9 oz. Evaporated Milk
----------
4 oz. Unsweetened chocolate (100% caca)
2 oz. 58% Cacao chocolate
1 tsp Vanilla

1)Put in a pot the Glucose, Sugar, Salt and Evaporated Milk. Bring to just before a boil and wash down the sides of the pot with a brush and water to get all the crystals off the sides....
2)Add the Butter
3)Once mixture reaches a boil Wash down the sides of the pot again...
4)Never stop stiring...cook to 238-240 Degrees F
5)Pull off heat and add the chocolate and vanilla to it...
6)Let sit till it reaches 110-130 Degrees F
7)Stir Gentley till the shine goes away and you see a small grain form..then pour into candy frames(mold)
8)Let cool and cut into pieces...

Merry Christmas,
Robert
Chocolate

Attachments

• Fudge 001.jpg
    Fudge 001.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 225
  • Fudge 002.jpg
    Fudge 002.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 210
  • Fudge 003.jpg
    Fudge 003.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 208
  • Fudge 004.jpg
    Fudge 004.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 227
Robert your Christmas Fudge looks absolutely delicious and thank you so much for sharing the pictures with us.

Have a great Holiday and a very happy and healthy New Years.

Yeah I got the fudge done and am now cutting it into smaller pieces for my guests...I will get those pics probably tomorrow...stay tuned...

Merry Christmas,
Robert
Chocolate

That thermometer you have. Can you let it touch the bottom of the pan or is it clipped to the side? I have this silly glass candy thermometer and it's always so difficult to really get the correct temp.
Yum, it looks tasty. Looking forward to more photos.

That thermometer has a metal section that goes about a half inch deeper than the actuall glass of the thermometer so you don't have to worry about it touching the bottom...

I actually made two batched of fudge today...one where I waited for the temp to be about 120 degrees F(after cooking)...then one that I stired right away after cooking(5 min. after)....
It is difficult to get the fudge to grain at the lower temp and still be pliable...I have done both but am more used to doing professional big batch fudge on a marble table so at home is a little more difficult for me. I get a better texture from the one that is lower in temp when stired but it is just harder to mold....hum...I will have to try a few more batches to see if I can get a better procedure...stay tuned...

Merry Christmas,
Robert
Chocolate

Pics of Chocolate and Peanut butter fudges...Peanut butter turned out better...

Attachments

• Fudge 005.jpg
    Fudge 005.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 215
  • Fudge 006.jpg
    Fudge 006.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 213
  • Fudge 007.jpg
    Fudge 007.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 211
  • Fudge 008.jpg
    Fudge 008.jpg