Cream Centers for Chocolates - Am I just blind?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hastings

Assistant Cook
Hi, I have been searching the net for some weeks now trying to find a recipe for a cream center like you would find in a box of chocolates. I am wanting to make a box of chocolates for my girlfriend in order to give to her on Valentines Day, but thus far I have not had any luck with finding a home made filling.

I have found many recipes for fondant, but this doesnt really taste similar or even have the same texture and consistency. I made it once and was not too happy with it. I am told if you make it out of marshmallows it is better.

I am wondering if I am just blind and have passed across it many times. I had thought that such a common candy would be much more documented, but to no avail.

I have found plenty of places where I can purchase redi made fillings, but I would rather not have to do that, as I am sure they will taste artificial or too sugary.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Unfortunately, the fondant and the ready made stuff is about all you will find. Except a powdered sugar base with extracts for taste, but, it's a little runny, not solid and hard to work with.

here is one made with marshmallow. You could leave out the coconut and add other things.

another link

Look for bonbon centers.

So what exactly are cream center chocolates made out of then? Is it an industry secret of sorts? Is it a kind of fondant?

The texture in a box of chocolates was much chewier and less grainy than what I made myself.

I found one recipe (cant find it off the top of my head though, ugh) that was a center that used fondant sugar. Which I have come to find out is a dried fondant. The recipe looked like it would be a much creamier center since it used cream. Is there a way to make this dried fondant sugar?

I know this is an old thread, but here's what I did for a creamy filling. I made a soft white chocolate ganache, somewhat stiff when chilled, but nice and creamy at room temp. I simmered heavy cream with a cinnamon stick and orange peel, let it steep. Then brought it up to heat again, strained it over white chocolate, adding triple sec. After lining the molds with dark chocolate, letting them set, I piped in the chilled ganache, put it back in the cooler for a bit (as I didn't want the top chocolate to sink into the filling), then topped off the molds with the dark chocolate. They turned out lovely. Hard outside with a soft, creamy center at room temp.

Back
Top Bottom