Dark Chocolate Candied Orange Peel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PieSusan

Washing Up

Candied Orange Peel
Ingredients:
3 oranges or 4 small oranges, peel only
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar

Directions:
To prepared Candied Orange Peel, peel oranges, scoring the peel into 5 or 6 sections to make them equal in size. Place the peel in a saucepan, cover with water and simmer 10 minutes. (This is extra water than in the recipe) Drain and let cool. With a grapefruit knife, lift off most of the white pith. In a saucepan combine the water and sugar. Bring to a boil and cook until dissolved. Add peel and let simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 45 minutes to an hour. Lift peel onto waxed paper to cool.
Makes about 1 cup candied peel.

When the orange peel is cool and dry. Temper dark chocolate and dip the candied orange peel about 3/5 of the way. Place on clean waxed paper.

Candied Orange Peel
Ingredients:
3 oranges or 4 small oranges, peel only
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar

Directions:
To prepared Candied Orange Peel, peel oranges, scoring the peel into 5 or 6 sections to make them equal in size. Place the peel in a saucepan, cover with water and simmer 10 minutes. (This is extra water than in the recipe) Drain and let cool. With a grapefruit knife, lift off most of the white pith. In a saucepan combine the water and sugar. Bring to a boil and cook until dissolved. Add peel and let simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 45 minutes to an hour. Lift peel onto waxed paper to cool.
Makes about 1 cup candied peel.

When the orange peel is cool and dry. Temper dark chocolate and dip the candied orange peel about 3/5 of the way. Place on clean waxed paper.

I will eat anything with dark chocolate. But my favorite of all is dark chocolate orange peel. They're easier to find during the holidays, but never thought of making my own. This in one I'm going to try. Thanks.

I have found great success with this recipe. The reason for all the boiling is to remove bitterness.

Back
Top Bottom