"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Candies and Chocolates

Old 08-04-2011, 08:30 AM   #51
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolas De Fraile View Post
I love melted toblerone poured over van/ice cream
This sounds like something I should try!

Old 08-04-2011, 08:58 AM   #52
Sous Chef

Quote:
I love melted toblerone poured over van/ice cream
This sounds like something I should (NOT) try!

Old 08-05-2011, 01:46 AM   #53
Executive Chef

When single the strongest weapon in my armory of amore was the Italian Baci (the kiss)chocolate.
Each chocolate was wrapped and inside was a message of love in 6 languages.
The blue box when presented to my next victim with a single red rose never failed and as I was then an ecumenical cad the 6 languages were a huge bonus.
Thats Amore
Old 08-05-2011, 08:33 AM   #54
Executive Chef

Quote:
When single the strongest weapon in my armory of amore was the Italian Baci (the kiss)chocolate.
Each chocolate was wrapped and inside was a message of love in 6 languages.
The blue box when presented to my next victim with a single red rose never failed and as I was then an ecumenical cad the 6 languages were a huge bonus.
Thats Amore
Being totally serious, no sarcasm intended, I love that people on this forum use words that I have to look up. I love words, just in general, and it's a nice change of pace to be reaching for the dictionary instead of handing it to someone.

As for your chocolates and roses, sounds like you were the kind of guy dad warned me about during a rather awkward conversation about how guys think "things". "Honestly Jessie, you just don't know. Guys think, things." Because, of course, there were no jocks that went to my high school and talked about their conquests (real, embellished, or completely fairy tale). Sarcasm fully intended here. Being shy, quiet and socially invisible meant no one bothered to censor their conversations around me. Oh the secrets I learned about my fellow classmates. Probably a good thing I was too shy to try to use it against them. I'd have probably gotten beat up a lot more.

Hmm, I'm thinking about chocolate again. Maybe I should get the hubby a chocolate kiss and a rose...
Old 08-05-2011, 11:46 AM   #55
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
Being totally serious, no sarcasm intended, I love that people on this forum use words that I have to look up. I love words, just in general, and it's a nice change of pace to be reaching for the dictionary instead of handing it to someone.

As for your chocolates and roses, sounds like you were the kind of guy dad warned me about during a rather awkward conversation about how guys think "things". "Honestly Jessie, you just don't know. Guys think, things." Because, of course, there were no jocks that went to my high school and talked about their conquests (real, embellished, or completely fairy tale). Sarcasm fully intended here. Being shy, quiet and socially invisible meant no one bothered to censor their conversations around me. Oh the secrets I learned about my fellow classmates. Probably a good thing I was too shy to try to use it against them. I'd have probably gotten beat up a lot more.

Hmm, I'm thinking about chocolate again. Maybe I should get the hubby a chocolate kiss and a rose...
It's a Dad's job to warn his little angels about guys who think things, no matter what their age.

Bolas, she's married now, so just stay on your side of the pond.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:47 AM   #56
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North View Post
It's a Dad's job to warn his little angels about guys who think things, no matter what their age.

Bolas, she's married now, so just stay on your side of the pond.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
Shrek had the same reaction...
Old 08-05-2011, 01:17 PM   #57
Chef Extraordinaire

do convents really take reservations?

i know a few dads of daughters who are really counting on it.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:53 PM   #58
Executive Chef

Well, dad's always wanted grandchildren so I think his plan was just to lock us away until he found us a suitable guy. It didn't work of course. You know, my sister is married, has one kid and another due soon and I've been with the hubby eleven and a half years. Even so, I think he still looks at us sometimes and sees "daddy's little girls". I don't think I'd ever want that to change.

What was this thread about again? Oh yeah, chocolate. Anyone ever tried cocoa covered almonds? It looks like they are just coated in sweetened cocoa powder. I keep seeing them in the store and thinking about trying them but I'm not sure I'd like the dusty feel of the cocoa.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:19 PM   #59
Executive Chef

i'm munching on these new? peanut butter m&ms--nice. thicker candy coating makes for extra crunch, and finally--a surprising salty counterpoint that has me going back for more handfuls....now, if we could have these in dark chocolate next ....?
Old 08-06-2011, 10:34 PM   #60
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

They do make dark chocolate M&Ms...they come in the purple package.

Tags
chocolate, other