Easy Fudge!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustJoel

Executive Chef
I’ve only made, or should I say “attempted to make” fudge once. I ruined two perfectly good pots, and the resultant fudge was unbearably gritty and, not unsurprisingly, tasted burnt.

I love fudge, though, and was pleased to run across this recipe the other day.

It can hardly be called a recipe, actually. There’s only five ingredients and the only cooking involved is melting. Instead of the cup of milk chocolate bits, I used cherry flavored bits. You could very easily add in chopped nuts, dried fruit, or marshmallows. The result was quite delicious. And no ruined pots!

Beware, though. This fudge is extremely sweet and very rich. But isn’t that what fudge is supposed to be?

Sounds good. You could melt everything in the microwave. Just pull it out occasionally and give it a stir. That way clean up is easier and almost no risk of scorching anything.

Thanks for sharing, Joel. Sounds easy enough that even I could make it. :) The cherry sub sounds good - did you use dried cherries?

Sounds good. You could melt everything in the microwave. Just pull it out occasionally and give it a stir. That way clean up is easier and almost no risk of scorching anything.
I’m sure you could, I’d actually thought of that. But I’ve had bad luck with chocolate in the microwave, so I went with the stovetop method.

Thanks for sharing, Joel. Sounds easy enough that even I could make it. :) The cherry sub sounds good - did you use dried cherries?
Not in this batch, just the cherry flavored white chocolate baking bits. The next batch’ll definitely have real cherries in it, though!

I’m sure you could, I’d actually thought of that. But I’ve had bad luck with chocolate in the microwave, so I went with the stovetop method.
Bad luck with chocolate in the MW? How so?

Come to think of it, I don't think I have used actual chocolate in the MW. I have made chocolate stuff in the MW, but I always sub cocoa and butter for bitter chocolate and add some sugar for other types of chocolate. (There is soy lecithin in almost all chocolate, even expensive stuff.)

Back
Top Bottom