Favorite Candy - Confection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haribo's gummy bears---found them in Frankfurt and have a sneaking suspicion that I paid more for them there than in the states---but so good! Unfortunately, my 4 year old granddaughter discovered them and I had to "share". Didn't last long.

Here are some of my favorites:
1) Anything with peanutbutter. Especially chocolate/peanut butter like reces peanutbutter cups, and reces peices.
2) Sour apple tasting candy...love it

aguynamedrobert said:
woops I was refereing to stinemates post about sour candy....
Jkath, how do you eat chocolate and lemon together? like lemon juice or chocolate covered candied lemon? hum....never tried it...
My dad used to make chocolate cake with lemon frosting. It was very tasty!

My fave, like jkath, is a smooth dark chocolate. From the grocery store, I like Dove chocolate or sometimes peppermint patties. Anykind of top quality chocolate is divine.

hello there said:
I like the dark chocolate lindt truffles.
Yum! I eat those almost everynight with a cup of hot tea.

I love all candy.
It's hard to pick...stuff with nougat, peanut butter, caramel. Milk chocolate all the way.

Candied flowers. These are considered candy right? I sure hope so. It is an obsure favorite and not many people have had the luxury of having any, but if you do, my my are they delicious. Lots of fun to make, too. :chef:

It is almost Easter and I cannot tell you how many of those little confectioner eggs that I have eaten. They are my munchy food right now.
Yes, I have had my share of candied flowers.

As for chocolates, I love the creme filled ones too. Chocolate/pineapple is one of the fav's in the chocolate box.

I'm surprised I missed this thread when it first came on the scene. I used to be a huge "sweets" eater but, as I've gotten older, my sweet tooth seems to have mellowed. However, it hasn't lost its desire for chocolate. I love chocolate "anything," particularly dark chocolate. I love the bitterness of it and how it snaps when I bite into it.

One of my favorite commercially produced chocolates is made by Godiva. It's their dark chocolate cocoa dusted truffles. I would almost kill for them. Unfortunately we can't get Godivas where we live and I'm forced to eat other, inferior - in my book, truffles.:(

Now I've gone and done it. I want a Godiva truffle. NOW!:rolleyes:

I miss Pocket Coffee from the time I lived in Italy...a great hit of liquid espresso surrounded by a crunchy sugar shell then dipped in chocolate. Just the best!
Here in NZ, I love Crunchie Bars ( choc covered Hokey Pokey), Flake Bars, jelly Jet Planes, Aniseed Balls, Barley Sugar, and choc covered Turkish Delight.
Australia has one of my favourites, Cherry Ripe bars. Used to be able to buy them here but no more. I am gonna get some off an online auction!! They make the most divine cheesecake and incorporated into a mudcake well...just trust me OK?? LOLOL;)

I love candy....licorice, Swedish berries, whoppers, dark chocolate sponge candy, good & plenty's, skittles, starburst, tootsie rolls, sugar daddy, mnm's new dark chocolate, sugar babies, milk duds, charleston chews, twix, 1000 dollar bars.....I loved Halloween as a kid!:) Now I will settle for a dark chocolate cookie with dark chocolate chips & reminisce about my younger days eating lots of candy.

I dont eat alot of sweets, but I guess I would have to say the orange or the raspberry milk chocolate covered jelly candies, sweedish fish, gourmet jelly beans, almond joy, milky way, hershey bar with almonds, reeses peanutbutter cups, sour peach candies that turn sweet (not sure what they are called).

Retro Candy Collections and More Wholesale Candy from Groovy Candies

I have had this site in my Favourites for a couple of years now. I am determined to try all the famous American candies of the 50's and 60's. I'll get there soon. Just hope they live up to my expectations AND that they are not changed recipes as are so many of our sweets these days. I mean to say...who cares if there is a tiny bit of a banned substance/ ingredient in a sweet mouthful. Huh?:rolleyes: :LOL:

Gotta hunt a T Bird down tho...and learn to roller skate. Hula hoop I can do.;) lololol.

We never did see pogo sticks here.:(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom