"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Candies and Chocolates
Old 03-30-2007, 02:34 PM   #31
Head Chef
It is almost Easter and I cannot tell you how many of those little confectioner eggs that I have eaten. They are my munchy food right now.
Yes, I have had my share of candied flowers.

As for chocolates, I love the creme filled ones too. Chocolate/pineapple is one of the fav's in the chocolate box.

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --- Thomas Edison
StirBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:03 PM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
I'm surprised I missed this thread when it first came on the scene. I used to be a huge "sweets" eater but, as I've gotten older, my sweet tooth seems to have mellowed. However, it hasn't lost its desire for chocolate. I love chocolate "anything," particularly dark chocolate. I love the bitterness of it and how it snaps when I bite into it.

One of my favorite commercially produced chocolates is made by Godiva. It's their dark chocolate cocoa dusted truffles. I would almost kill for them. Unfortunately we can't get Godivas where we live and I'm forced to eat other, inferior - in my book, truffles.

Now I've gone and done it. I want a Godiva truffle. NOW!

"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:43 PM   #33
Assistant Cook
Buttercreams are my first and foremost favorite followed by snickers candy bars.

Chocolate Candy Maker
deLaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:07 PM   #34
Sous Chef
Send a message via MSN to Lynan
I miss Pocket Coffee from the time I lived in Italy...a great hit of liquid espresso surrounded by a crunchy sugar shell then dipped in chocolate. Just the best!
Here in NZ, I love Crunchie Bars ( choc covered Hokey Pokey), Flake Bars, jelly Jet Planes, Aniseed Balls, Barley Sugar, and choc covered Turkish Delight.
Australia has one of my favourites, Cherry Ripe bars. Used to be able to buy them here but no more. I am gonna get some off an online auction!! They make the most divine cheesecake and incorporated into a mudcake well...just trust me OK?? LOLOL
In the book of life, the answers are NOT in the back.
Lynan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:19 PM   #35
Senior Cook
I love candy....licorice, Swedish berries, whoppers, dark chocolate sponge candy, good & plenty's, skittles, starburst, tootsie rolls, sugar daddy, mnm's new dark chocolate, sugar babies, milk duds, charleston chews, twix, 1000 dollar bars.....I loved Halloween as a kid! Now I will settle for a dark chocolate cookie with dark chocolate chips & reminisce about my younger days eating lots of candy.
Clienta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:03 PM   #36
Executive Chef
I dont eat alot of sweets, but I guess I would have to say the orange or the raspberry milk chocolate covered jelly candies, sweedish fish, gourmet jelly beans, almond joy, milky way, hershey bar with almonds, reeses peanutbutter cups, sour peach candies that turn sweet (not sure what they are called).
amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:38 PM   #37
Sous Chef
Send a message via MSN to Lynan
Retro Candy Collections and More Wholesale Candy from Groovy Candies

I have had this site in my Favourites for a couple of years now. I am determined to try all the famous American candies of the 50's and 60's. I'll get there soon. Just hope they live up to my expectations AND that they are not changed recipes as are so many of our sweets these days. I mean to say...who cares if there is a tiny bit of a banned substance/ ingredient in a sweet mouthful. Huh?

Gotta hunt a T Bird down tho...and learn to roller skate. Hula hoop I can do. lololol.

We never did see pogo sticks here.

In the book of life, the answers are NOT in the back.
Lynan is offline   Reply With Quote