Fudge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel382

Assistant Cook
Hi

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how to concert this peanut butter fudge recipe into both a chocolate and white chocolate fudge recipe (ideally still being done in the microwave).

I love the buttery texture of this fudge and am not a fan of the condensed milk fudge recipes. Any help someone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kelly

Ingredients
8 ounces unsalted butter, plus more for greasing pan
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pound powdered sugar
Directions
Combine the butter and peanut butter in a 4-quart microwave-safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for 2 minutes on high. Stir and microwave on high for 2 more minutes. (Use caution when removing this mixture from the microwave, it will be very hot.) Add the vanilla and powdered sugar to the peanut butter mixture and stir to combine with a wooden spoon. The mixture will become hard to stir and lose its sheen. Spread into a buttered 8 by 8-inch pan lined with parchment paper. Fold the excess parchment paper so it covers the surface of the fudge and refrigerate until cool, about 2 hours. Cut into 1-inch pieces and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.

Any luck yet?

Couldn't you just use milk? You have enough fat and sugar already. Heat a cup of milk with your sugar to boiling, add 4oz unsweetened chocolate, take up to 234° or so, follow normal fudge technique to make it set.

Any luck yet?

Couldn't you just use milk? You have enough fat and sugar already. Heat a cup of milk with your sugar to boiling, add 4oz unsweetened chocolate, take up to 234° or so, follow normal fudge technique to make it set.

I doubt you'll get an answer as this thread was started in 2014 and the OP hasn't been back since making the post.

But to answer your question, no I don't think that would work, too much liquid. I wouldn't try to melt the chocolate in the milk either.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom