Gingerbread House Decorations: Please Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

llskmk

Assistant Cook
Can anybody tell me how to make a green christmas tree to put in front of my gingerbread house that's not made out of gingerbread. I seen it on a food show but they never said how they made them. I have been to different sites and can't find how to make them. Can anyone help me?

Use green gum drops. Using white cake icing with green food coloring. Just stack them up, maybe starting with 4-5 and then up to one on top.

Or, find a small funnel, close off the small end and pour some melted chocolate and let set.

Welcome to the group!! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!

Last edited:
Welcome to DC! Texasgirl's ideas are great. You could also make a tree out of rolled fondant & decorate it w/ fondant or royal icing.

Take a sugar ice cream cone...the one with a pointed end. Tint your royal icing deep green, place into piping bag that has a leaf tube on it. Place the cone over two or so fingers on your non dominant hand and starting at the bottom of the cone, begin to pipe "branches" with a leaf tip. Go in circles until you reach the top. While the royal icing is still "wet" the tree can be decorated. Place some royal icing on your gingerbread house base to secure the tree.

Lyn221 said:
Take a sugar ice cream cone...the one with a pointed end. Tint your royal icing deep green, place into piping bag that has a leaf tube on it. Place the cone over two or so fingers on your non dominant hand and starting at the bottom of the cone, begin to pipe "branches" with a leaf tip. Go in circles until you reach the top. While the royal icing is still "wet" the tree can be decorated. Place some royal icing on your gingerbread house base to secure the tree.

What a cheap and easy way to do it!! VERY good one!!:)

I saw the lady who does the partially homemade dishes do some things with cones also. She made angels - covering them in white chocolate, or frosting, using marzipan balls for heads, drawing eyes, etc with edible penciling, gluing a vanilla wafer trimmed in glitter to the back of the head for a halo, and pretzels dipped in white chocolate for wings. It was very cute and would certainly be appreciated by children. She even used frosting to match the color of the hair of the children she was preparing them for. That lady has way too much time on her hands!!!!!

I've seen star shaped cookie cutter sets (graduated in size) so when you frost the cookies green, stack them in order (largest on the bottom)and stagger the points of the stars you get a tree. For a smaller tree you would eliminate the larger cookies. You could cut a hole in the center for a pretzel rod fi you are making a larger tree. Small ones are probably glued with frosting.

Back
Top Bottom