Hollow milk chocolate shells?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mech3d

Assistant Cook
I am able to find sources for hollow milk chocolate truffle shells but want I really want is the shape of something like the cherry cordial.

This way I can place the fruit and fondant in and seal the bottom. The truffle shells have I think too small of a hole from what I can see in the pictures.

I could mold these myself, but at this point in time, I want to make a large batch with minimal effort. So, if you know of any sources that would be great.

Thanks, Joe C. -

Restaurant and bakery supply companies would be your best source. Every big city has one. Look for one near your home. The shipping costs will be less. And you may be able to go and pick up what you need. :angel:

Yes the molds should be pretty easy to find at a craft store or amazon.

You'll fill each cavity full with chocolate, then carefully turn it over to drain out the excess. Let the chocolate harden, fill, then cover the filling with chocolate to seal. Using a large disposable pastry bag or a zip top bag with the corner snipped off will make neater work of this.

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

I apologize, maybe I wasn't clear. I am looking for hollow chocolate shells which all I have to do it put my own centers in, like the one pictured here. Except I want the shape something like a cherry cordial or creme filled candy, not round like the truffle.

Thanks,
Joe

57908-albums1021-picture6198.jpg

I've never seen any but the round shaped, but then I am not a candymaker. Have you tried checking Amazon for the shells?

In my limited experience, when I make cherry cordials, the cold fondant (the liquid portion between the cheery and the chocolate shell turns to liquid at room temperature) is soft, like soft putty and hand formed around the cool and dry cherry and then put into a freezer. The following day, when the dipping chocolate is warm and ready, dip the frozen fondant wrapped cherries and set aside on waxed or lightly oiled paper-covered baking sheet. Working quickly, space out the dipped cherries and then refrigerate for several hours. I then wrap them in colored cellophane and freeze in a container until needed.
I don't know if this sort of complexity is what you would want to try, but I make my Christmas Gift Candy about this time of year so I have the patience to do it right.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom