Homemade Gummy Bears

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zameera

Assistant Cook
This recipe came from the Top Secret Recipes site a couple of years ago. It is a really simple kid pleasing recipe...

Homemade Gummy Bears

1 (3 ounce) box Jello gelatin, any flavor
7 envelopes unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup water

1. Mix all ingredients in a saucepan until the mixture resembles playdough.
2. Place the pan over low heat and stir until melted.
3. Once completely melted, pour into plastic candy molds and place in freezer for 5 mins.
4. When very firm, remove from molds.
5. Try it!!!:-p

have you tried these with sugar free jello or used fruit juice instead of the water?
I was wondering for people that have sugar problems.
this sound good - going to have to try these.

Barb L said:
What can use use w/out candy molds ? Sounds good for my grandsons !
I think you can use one of those mini ice cube tray. Good luck!

letscook said:
have you tried these with sugar free jello or used fruit juice instead of the water?
I was wondering for people that have sugar problems.
this sound good - going to have to try these.
I haven't tried these with sugar-free Jello or fruit juice substituted but sure it will work!
BUT no fetch, incase it didn't work, make these in small quantity first so you don't waste the ingredients. Good luck!

I made Homemade Gummy Bears!

They are done!
Very gummy!
They taste good. But the texture is kinda weird.
Here it is..

Attachments

• Gummyj.JPG
    Gummyj.JPG
    10.4 KB · Views: 3,431
Last edited:
Your receipe for Homemade Gummy Bears sound great and I am sure you will enjoy. Thanks for sharing.

Have a very happy Sunday.

Jill and Jolie

I have to try this one :cool: Thanks :mrgreen: ........... PM Barbara she would just love to tell you the story about all the gummys and the movies just ask her , you never heard this from me. :angel:

Last edited:
There is a 'vegetarian gelatin' called Agar Agar, and I once tried to make marshmellows and well, they didn't turn out!

Well Agar is a polysaccharide. Examples of which are starch and glycogen.
When we did a science fair when I was in grade 8, one of the groups did a thing on starches. I had to put my hand in a bowl of starch and leave it there for a while, I didn't find it very resistant when I pulled my hand out. After the day ended, the starch didn't even get that hard compared to actual gelatine and water. So perhaps that could have been your problem. The agar didn't hold together strong enough to keep the marshmallow whole.

I could be wrong. :)

You got to this through my baking thread, didn't you? ;)

Last edited:
Yes I did get to this through your baking thread. I am very impressed with the recipes I have seen. I'm going to try the Peanut Butter balls, they look and sound yummy. I found a site that discussed different vegetarian types of gelatine and well, they all say that Agar Agar is the best for setting, so I guess I won't be making the gummy bears then :-( Or mabye it is a matter of experimenting to get the right amount required for firm setting. That will have to be for later on as I am going through the 'baby' stage right now - I have a 5 month old.

Wow. Good luck. I hope you like the peanut butter balls, glad I could help.
You'll probably get a more knowledgeable person to give you a better answer (or destroy mine) later. You may be able to make them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom