How do you like your chocolate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whole milk

Senior Cook
There are an infinite number of ways to enjoy chocolate. There's hot cocoa, mexican hot chocolate, souffle; as candy centers or candy bars; as chocolate chips in a cookie or glaze on a doughnut -- plus all the savory dishes you can make with it.

Myself, I like it as a brownie or torte -- nothing better, or as chocolate melted with a small amount or milk and poured out as hot chocolate.

How do you like your chocolate? :chef:

I don't think that I have ever had a chocolate (real chocolate) that I didn't like! (I am allergic to pepper so I can't have pepper in chocolate)

I like whatever chocolate is in front of me (don't I sound like Maida Heatter--lol). Today, I finally tempered some bittersweet chocolate and finished the Black Forest Truffles that I had started. Those are excellent!!! MMMMM

As much as I like chocolates, from dark chocolate bars, to truffles and such, I dislike chocolate ice cream.

Oh, then there's flourless chocolate cake, chocolate puddings and mousses...

As I sit here on the sofa, I have 5 different types of chocolate sitting on the end table next to me: Dove Promises, Ghirardelli 60% Dark chocolate squares, Dove Blueberry Almond milk chocolate, Roasted Hazelnut milk chocolate and Ghirardelli Intense Dark 72% Cacao.

Dark chocolate please, I love just about any variety, but my favorite is the cayenne pepper and mango for now. I just got a dark chocolate with banana I need to try that I'm sure will be yummy!

I like all chocolate, but I wouldn't argue with you over it..Now homemade french bread and butter, stand back :LOL: Andy pass me one of the intense dark chocolates:angel:

kadesma

I don't think I've met a lot of chocolate that I didn't like... but my #1 top favorite will always be grandma's homemade chocolate pudding...warm and yummy!!!

About the only chocolate I have encountered that I didn't like is dark chocolate. I prefer milk chocolate in whatever form it takes from candy bars to brownies to truffles to cake to shakes to whatever you can think of next.
Some of my favorites though are white chocolate, chocolate covered cherries, Toblerone bars, Lintz bars, and other assorted European chocolates.

I'm sitting down and my plate/bowl is ready. Bring it on...in any form and any variety.

One time when I was traveling in Europe, the bed and breakfast I was staying in had a form that had to be completed that asked for breakfast preferences. For the beverages I asked for "hot chocolate."

Well, that's exactly what I got the next morning. A cup of hot, melted and ultra-creamy chocolate. Now...was I going to complain?:LOL::LOL:

I haven't tried the Blueberry Dove yet. Have you tried the new Dove Chocolate Mousse Mix?

Last edited by a moderator:
Trader Joe’s has the best chocolate bars, and you cannot beat the price. I usually make Chocolate Truffles for my wife for Valentine’s Day. I am not a huge fan of chocolate myself, but do eat it from time to time. My favorite was Almond Roca, but cannot find those pink cans anymore. Toffee dipped in chocolate, then rolled in crushed pecans.

Well, since I love my chocolate but it doesn't love me, I would have to say that if I could have it this way I would love my chocolate decaffeinated!

When I do let myself indulge, it is usually dark chocolate. I love a good brownie, truffle or just a small piece of 70% dark chocolate.

all chocolate... ummm... maybe without dark... Well it's too bitter for me. I use dark only for sweets (cakes, candies, brownies, etc.)

My grandmother make one really cool home-baked chocolate:mrgreen:.

P.S. Forgive my mistakes in English :angel:

for candy I prefer dark chocolate. don't care for milk chocolate at all.

Although chocolate desserts are not my first choice for desserts, I have to say I really love chocolate pots de crème and dark chocolate pudding cake.

My mom used to make hot chocolate with these really hard chocolate bars that she had me grate for her into a power. I don't know the name of the chocolate (help please) but it made the richest hot chocolate I have ever had. This is my favorite chocolate. I think she purchased it at the spanish market but I'm not sure. I would love to be able to find that chocolate. Maybe I will call mom to find out the name of it tonight.

There are an infinite number of ways to enjoy chocolate. There's hot cocoa, mexican hot chocolate, souffle; as candy centers or candy bars; as chocolate chips in a cookie or glaze on a doughnut -- plus all the savory dishes you can make with it.

Myself, I like it as a brownie or torte -- nothing better, or as chocolate melted with a small amount or milk and poured out as hot chocolate.

How do you like your chocolate? :chef:

Black, dark and bitter and eat little each day,

ARCHIDUC

Back
Top Bottom