"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Candies and Chocolates

Old 01-06-2009, 09:50 PM   #1
Senior Cook

Question How do you like your chocolate?

There are an infinite number of ways to enjoy chocolate. There's hot cocoa, mexican hot chocolate, souffle; as candy centers or candy bars; as chocolate chips in a cookie or glaze on a doughnut -- plus all the savory dishes you can make with it.

Myself, I like it as a brownie or torte -- nothing better, or as chocolate melted with a small amount or milk and poured out as hot chocolate.

How do you like your chocolate?

Old 01-06-2009, 10:07 PM   #2
Head Chef

I don't think that I have ever had a chocolate (real chocolate) that I didn't like! (I am allergic to pepper so I can't have pepper in chocolate)

I like whatever chocolate is in front of me (don't I sound like Maida Heatter--lol). Today, I finally tempered some bittersweet chocolate and finished the Black Forest Truffles that I had started. Those are excellent!!! MMMMM

Old 01-06-2009, 10:30 PM   #3
Certified Pretend Chef

As much as I like chocolates, from dark chocolate bars, to truffles and such, I dislike chocolate ice cream.

Oh, then there's flourless chocolate cake, chocolate puddings and mousses...

As I sit here on the sofa, I have 5 different types of chocolate sitting on the end table next to me: Dove Promises, Ghirardelli 60% Dark chocolate squares, Dove Blueberry Almond milk chocolate, Roasted Hazelnut milk chocolate and Ghirardelli Intense Dark 72% Cacao.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:32 PM   #4
Master Chef

Dark chocolate please, I love just about any variety, but my favorite is the cayenne pepper and mango for now. I just got a dark chocolate with banana I need to try that I'm sure will be yummy!
Old 01-06-2009, 10:36 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

I like all chocolate, but I wouldn't argue with you over it..Now homemade french bread and butter, stand back Andy pass me one of the intense dark chocolates

kadesma
Old 01-06-2009, 11:17 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
I don't think I've met a lot of chocolate that I didn't like... but my #1 top favorite will always be grandma's homemade chocolate pudding...warm and yummy!!!
Old 01-06-2009, 11:20 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Any way I can get it
Old 01-06-2009, 11:21 PM   #8
Master Chef

About the only chocolate I have encountered that I didn't like is dark chocolate. I prefer milk chocolate in whatever form it takes from candy bars to brownies to truffles to cake to shakes to whatever you can think of next.
Some of my favorites though are white chocolate, chocolate covered cherries, Toblerone bars, Lintz bars, and other assorted European chocolates.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:28 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
I'm sitting down and my plate/bowl is ready. Bring it on...in any form and any variety.

One time when I was traveling in Europe, the bed and breakfast I was staying in had a form that had to be completed that asked for breakfast preferences. For the beverages I asked for "hot chocolate."

Well, that's exactly what I got the next morning. A cup of hot, melted and ultra-creamy chocolate. Now...was I going to complain?
Old 01-06-2009, 11:30 PM   #10
Master Chef

LOL that is too funny. Maybe it would be more appropriate for us to say we like our chocolate in our stomach!

Tags
None