How to reduce raspberries for truffles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LT72884

Head Chef
so i found a recipe fro truffles here but it says to reduce them down. How do i reduce them down?

I'm not sure. When we tried making truffles, the issue was the ganache was too soft because of the liquid flavorings we added. I would shoot for a very thick almost pastey result.

Are you making truffles as round balls or logs or what? Using a mould?

you can roll balls in chocolate lines (don't know the correct name but the sort in 100's and 1000's) or do a squiggly little line on top in a pink chocolate or white chocolate. Do the squigglies on a bar style too. Using a mould you can get those little bit of confectionery holly pieces that you can put at the base (top) of the mould before you pour your chocolate into.

you can roll balls in chocolate lines (don't know the correct name but the sort in 100's and 1000's) or do a squiggly little line on top in a pink chocolate or white chocolate. Do the squigglies on a bar style too. Using a mould you can get those little bit of confectionery holly pieces that you can put at the base (top) of the mould before you pour your chocolate into.
Well they are the ones you form into round balls and then if you want to cover in coco.. I found the recipe on this site a while back and it sounds like a good treat for someone who is not feeling well. I just want them to look really good and pleasing. But at the same time some what simple. Thanx for all the help so far

If you use a mold, they are not really truffles. The candy is supposed to mimic the black fungus that costs so much... and molded ones don't do that, altho they sure taste good.

...and after you cook your raspberries down, don't forget to run the puree through a sieve to remove the seeds! :ohmy:

I just watched a Take Home Chef where he did a raspberry reduction..he used almost an equal amount of sugar to the raspberries.

12 oz of frozen raspberries. after they have been reduced im supposed to add 7oz heavy cream and then strain and fold in with melted chocolate.

Back
Top Bottom