ISO a fudge recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
guys, i'd appreciate your fudge recipes. i wanna take a batch to some people i care 'bout. thanks, guys.

Easy fudge recipe

Chocolate Fudge

2 pkg. (8 squares each) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup chopped PLANTERS Walnuts

LINE 8-inch square pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Set aside. Microwave chocolate and milk in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 to 3 min. or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after 2 min. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Blend in vanilla. Stir in walnuts.

SPREAD into prepared pan.

REFRIGERATE 2 hours or until firm. Lift fudge from pan, using foil handles. Cut into 48 pieces. Fudge can be stored in airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 week. For creamier fudge, remove from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature about 1 hour before serving.

I have made this minus the nuts and vanilla. Quick and delicious!

Regards,
Snowball

I mix together 1/2 stick of butter, 2 12 oz bags of chocolate chips (milk choc), about a 1/2 cup of peanut butter.Then when that's all melted together and stirred till smooth, I add a cup of nuts and about 2 cups of marshmallows and stir till they're melted. If I want it to look swirled, I stop stirring when the marshmallows are melted, but not totally mixed in. I've added evaporated milk, but that makes it not as firm.

I have a weakness for fudge and have tried recipes where you start from scratch and cook it with a candy thermometer. I don't think they taste any better than the fudge that you simply melt the above ingredients together and I don't need to tell you which is faster and easier! ;)

Good luck! I hope that whatever fudge you end up taking is a hit with everyone!

My husband found this on AllRecipes.com at Christmas. It has become a favorite of our whole family. The only thing we add is black walnuts.

INGREDIENTS
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons butter
DIRECTIONS

In a medium saucepan, stir together the cocoa powder, sugar and salt. Mix in corn syrup, and milk until well blended. Add butter, and heat to between 234 and 240 degrees F (112 to 116 degrees C), or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms a soft ball that flattens when removed from the water and placed on a flat surface. Stir occasionally.

Remove from heat, and beat with a wooden spoon until the mixture is thick and loses its gloss. Stir in vanilla, and pour into a buttered 9x9 inch baking dish. Let cool until set. Cut into small squares to serve.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom