ISO help with white chocolate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchengoddess8

Sous Chef
I tried making a healthy version of a white chocolate recipe by substituting whey protein powder for powdered milk and Pyure Sweetener (stevia + maltodextrin) for sugar. As I was whisking the mixture in a double boiler, globs started forming and hardened like taffy. Do you think it could have been the whey protein powder that caused this? Here's the link to the original recipe, which is on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swh8zyQ35WQ. In another recipe I saw online, they substituted coconut flour for the milk powder. I didn't try that because I didn’t want the end product to taste coconutty.

Last edited:
Hi,
I wonder if your heat was a bit too high? Also, maybe the sugar sweetener reacted differently to powdered/ icing sugar? I think that I would do the recipe as stated and then try changing one ingredient at a time to see what works. Coconut flour would be fine think because the vanilla flavoring that you are using would be the domineering factor and very nice too. Good luck?

Thanks Menumaker! I've been looking at some other recipes - some use stevia and others use honey. I'm going to try making the recipe using powered milk and replacing the sugar with a little honey. I'll also try lowering the heat. Will post the results!

Back
Top Bottom