ISO real eggnoggy tasting fudge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
I made an eggnog fudge with chocolate chips and it's too much chocolate. I have found some with white chocolate that will bring more of the eggnog out, but, the reviews talk about a subtle taste, and I want all eggnog taste. Is there a way to put more eggnog and it still set enough not to be gooey?
Here is the one that I found. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.:mrgreen:

What about checking at your local candy/cake supply store (or a craft store) and seeing if they carry eggnog flavored oil? It would provide you with a strong taste with little liquid.

I would, but, I live in a town of about 2,000. Our biggest thing right now is we are finally getting a Walmart:LOL:
I found a recipe that did okay. It doesn't have a lot of eggnog taste, but, you can taste it anyway. Thanks for the idea. If I make it again, I'll see if my sister can get it while she's out getting her stuff.

texasgirl said:
I would, but, I live in a town of about 2,000. Our biggest thing right now is we are finally getting a Walmart:LOL:
I found a recipe that did okay. It doesn't have a lot of eggnog taste, but, you can taste it anyway. Thanks for the idea. If I make it again, I'll see if my sister can get it while she's out getting her stuff.

texas girl, is this a different recipe then the one you posted originally? just curious, becuse i'd like to try making an eggnog fudge and want to try the recipe you had the most success with.

thanks!

bluespanishsky said:
texas girl, is this a different recipe then the one you posted originally? just curious, becuse i'd like to try making an eggnog fudge and want to try the recipe you had the most success with.

thanks!

yes, it's the one that I posted. It's good, but, the texture isn't as soft as I like it. Maybe I used too much white chocolate chips.
You can taste the eggnog though. It's just not as strong as I would like it. Try it out and see what you think. If you alter it, let me know what you did differently.

texasgirl said:
yes, it's the one that I posted. It's good, but, the texture isn't as soft as I like it. Maybe I used too much white chocolate chips.
You can taste the eggnog though. It's just not as strong as I would like it. Try it out and see what you think. If you alter it, let me know what you did differently.

thanks texas girl. i hope to try it in the next couple of weeks. ill let you know how it turns out!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom