ISO recipe for Chocolate Fudge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What ingredient is need the most for Chocolate Fudge

• Peanuts

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chef Ryan

Assistant Cook
HELP ME!

I NEED A NEW RECIPE FOR THIS WITHOUT USING MARSHMALLOW PUFF>

RD:chef:

I posted this one a while back but I don't know how to add the 'link' to it inside this post so I copied/pasted it for you. Can anyone tell me how to do that? thanks.

NO Fuss Peanut Butter Fudge

1 BOX 1OX SUGAR (powdered sugar)
4 TBSP COCOA
1/2 LB. BUTTER
1 TSP VANILLA

4 TBSP PEANUT BUTTER
1 CUP CHOPPED NUTS (OPTIONAL)

*** Can use chunky peanut butter****

* Mix sugar and cocoa. Melt butter and add vanilla to it. Combine sugar mixture and butter mixture. Add peanut butter, mix well. Add nuts.
Pour into ungreased 8x8 pan and chill

Maida Heatter has an old-fashioned fudge recipe but it is really tricky and sometimes one winds up having to knead it. I think since real fudge can be so tricky, folks like to make the fluff kind.

I checked over at chowhound and someone said that the fudge from better homes and gardens was "darn good".
Here is the recipe:
Fudge Recipe

Welcome Chef Ryan

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your help.

Here is a new one. How about chocolate cobbler. Know how to do that. :chef:

Katie, it is on the back of the Marshmallow PUFF jar you buy at the store:chef:

This is the best recipe ever!

Ingredients:
3 cup sugar
2/3 cup Hershey's cocoa
1/4 t salt
1-1/2 cup whole milk
4 T spoon butter
1 t sprron vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans (walnuts or other nuts)

Cooking Instructions: Items needed: One large spoon, one strong arm and a comfortable chair.

Mix sugar cocoa & salt in 3 quart pan (or larger). Add milk, heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Lower heat to medium. Cook to soft ball stage, stirring occasionally (drop small amount into cup of cold water, when you can pick it up and can roll it around in fingers it is ready) or you can use a candy thermometer (I don't have one, don't trust them).

Fill sink with about three inches of cold water. When fudge is cooked to soft ball stage, add butter and stir in. Set pan in sink of cold water, stirring occasionally until cool enough to put finger in. Remove pan from water, add vanilla and beat until smooth and ready for butter flat pan. Add pecans just before pouring into pan.

When beating it you can tell it is almost ready when it starts to have satin finish. from this point need to work fast so it will not get too stiff to pour into pan.
Additional Comments: This is the receipt which was on the Hershey's cocoa can long ago. It is the best fudge ever. If you try it you will not want fudge made with marshmallows again.

Back
Top Bottom