ISO Recipe for Peanut Butter Fudge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

natnician

Assistant Cook
I have tried lots of Peanut Butter Fudge recipes. I would like to find a Peanut Butter Fudge recipe that REALLY has Peanut Butter kick to it.

Thanks so much!

My Mother and grandmother used to make that a lot, and it was quite nice. Unfortunately, I never knew the recipe. I honestly dont think they followed one. I guess they had done it so many times they just knew it.

I have tried lots of Peanut Butter Fudge recipes. I would like to find a Peanut Butter Fudge recipe that REALLY has Peanut Butter kick to it.

Thanks so much!

I'd love a good (and simple) recipe for peanut butter fudge also. It's one of my husband's favorites but mine never turns out quite right.

I don't know what peanut butter fudge is. Is it like the rocky road one? With the marshmallows in it?

I think that this jiff recipe is the best looking one so far. I have tried about 5 recipes. I can't remember if Jiff was one. There is more peanut butter by volume in this recipe that I remember seeing. That is always the problem with my PB fudge the hubby says good but needs more PB taste. He had some made by a friend in AR, many years ago and he though it was the best PB fudge ever with LOTS of PB taste. Well needless to say many years later no recipe and I am not having much luck duping the taste. I am tempted to try and track this guy down for his recipe! lol.

Does anyone know if there is any special ways to get more PB taste without adding PB? I know that sounds weird but what I mean is there is only so much PB that can be added. Is there Peanut extract maybe instead of vanilla.

Every time we come across candy store Peanut Butter Fudge we try it....he never thinks it has enough PB taste!

I am excited about this getting some response, I really want to figure it out.

I think I am brave and LOVE my cheese of all variety, but VELVEETA....really ummm I don't think that will give me the taste I am going for. But I do love a Peanut Butter and Cheese sandwhich! It is a fresh version on Peanut Butter and Cheese Crackers.

Does anyone know if there is any special ways to get more PB taste without adding PB?

add a tsp or 2 of peanut butter extract to a 0ne-pound recipe. it's hard to find; you may have to buy it off the web...............

Jiff PB recipe by HALF?

I want to try this recipe. I am going to find the Peanut Butter extract first. Before I try this recipe I don't want to make a 13x9 pan (3lbs) half of it will be a good test. I have gotten in trouble with halfing before. Does anyone see anything in this recipe that would not just literally be cut in half?

Jiff Recipe for Peanut Butter Fudge

Ingredients:
Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
•3 cups sugar
•1/2 cup butter
•2/3 cupPET® Evaporated Milk
•1 2/3 cups Jif® Creamy Reduced Fat Peanut Spread
•1 (7 oz.) jar marshmallow creme
•1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
1.LINE 13 x 9-inch pan with aluminum foil; spray with no-stick cooking spray.2.COMBINE sugar, butter and milk in large saucepan, stirring constantly on medium heat, until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.3.ADD peanut butter. Stir until well blended. Add marshmallow creme and vanilla. Beat until well blended. Spread in prepared pan. Cool. Cut into candy-sized pieces.
Yield: 3 pounds

Also I just noticed it was calling for reduced fat Peanut Butter....I don't normally by this will whole still be fine?

LOL- You can help me out by buying lots of Chapstick, Gatorade (powder),
Coconut rum, Mott's juices, and any Cadbury product (which is the real easy part!)

Well.. you can make a fast peanut butter fudge that is very strong flavored

Dump butter and sugar in a pan with a touch of milk. Bring that to a boil and cook to just past soft ball stage..

Take it off the heat and stir in an the equivalent amount of peanut butter. the cool peanut butter will force it to start setting up immediately. It will be very stiff but very tasty.

Well that sounds easy and yummy.

How much butter and sugar would you suggest for say a 9x9 or so?

When you say equ. amount of PB do you mean the same amount as Butter and Sugar?

Well that sounds easy and yummy.

How much butter and sugar would you suggest for say a 9x9 or so?

When you say equ. amount of PB do you mean the same amount as Butter and Sugar?

OK, these are guesses..
I would start with a stick of butter and 2 cups sugar, 1/4 cup milk and by the time it cooks down, 2 cups PB should be enough.. . I don't really know.. I just kind of cook it... usually in small batches since I can't leave it alone..

Oh, have the peanut butter set in a bowl so you can add it all at once and incorporate immediately. You have a VERY short pot time..

Adjust the volumes as you try a batch or two to your liking..

Back
Top Bottom